You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-27 10:52:53

dstepanek

Davinci resolve gpu problem

A new installation of davinci resolve, opens okay, but after I add anything to the timeline, I get this error: The GPU failed to perform image processing because of an error. Error code 999.

I use a laptop with Intel integrated graphics and Nvidia geforce MX150. For that, I have the proprietary nvidia driver.
Davinci resolve checker says everything is correct.

How can I resolve this problem? Thanks

#2 2022-03-28 09:23:24

Lone_Wolf

Re: Davinci resolve gpu problem

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/DaVinci_Resolve#Installation wrote:

Launches normally, can open a project. But unable to start playing the timeline (even without video tracks) in the Cut and in the Edit pages. However in the Fairlight page it is able to play timeline.
Tested with Intel Core i7-8700 CPU.

Sounds like a known issue, does it work on the Fairlight page ?

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2022-08-08 06:22:46

shawniere

I am having exactly the same issue.  I am trying to run Davinci Resolve on an Asus Rog Zephyrus G14 laptop.  I don't think the GPU, Geforce GTX 1650 Ti is insufficient to the task I am using the exact same one on my desktop and have never had issues.  Did you solve your problem? if so what did you do?

#4 2022-08-10 10:12:23

Lone_Wolf

Seems I used the wrong link in my reply #2 .

Check https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/DaVinc … aphic_card

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

#5 2022-08-17 04:34:35

shawniere

Thanks Lone Wolf for that pointer to the Arch Wiki.  I'm sorry I didn't find that myself.  Unfortunately it didn't seem to resolve my problem.  I tried putting those environment variables  in /etc/environment and /etc/profile.  Both times it had the effect of boot up stalling at a black screen.  I even tried putting the variables into .zshrc (i have use oh-my-zsh)  but that had no effect whatsoever.  I feel we are on the right track with sorting out the on-demand nature of the GPU but exactly how to do that is evading me.  I found in a Youtube clip someone (on Ubuntu) fixing it by changing the PRIME profiles in Nvidia Settings but I can't find that setting and installing nvidia-prime doesn't seem to help.  Did you resolve this, dstepanek?  I would love to know how.  Thanks for any suggestions of where to explore next.  Please don't let me have to resort to Ubuntu!

Last edited by shawniere (2022-08-17 04:35:23)

#6 2022-08-17 10:32:02

Lone_Wolf

Those settings are only meant for DR and should not be used by any other application .

Also you should test them in a terminal in the graphics environment first.
execute the 2 export commands in it then start DR from that terminal .

If things work, you can write a small wrapper script for DR to set those exports, start DR  and unset them.

I even tried putting the variables into .zshrc (i have use oh-my-zsh)

oh-my-zsh is often the cause of issues, and it could also be that zsh handles those env vars differently then bash .
If the above method doesn't work with zsh / oh-my-zsh try running them in a bash - terminal .

#7 2022-08-23 00:00:16

shawniere

Thank you Lone_Wolf, for patiently explaining all that to me.  Unfortunately, I tried everything you said and nothing worked. I am not sure how to proceed at this point, but will explore Prime and see if I can get the Prime Profile Settings to appear in the Nvidia Settings.  If you or anyone else have any other suggestions I would be most appreciative.  Thanks again.

#8 2022-08-23 01:11:45

shawniere

I have resolved my issue.  I am using optimus manager to switch to the Nvidia GPU before opening DR.  That seems to work well.  Just curious, is this best practice or should I be doing the same with Prime instead?  I found Prime a little hard to follow.

#9 2022-08-24 13:01:16

Lone_Wolf

When trying to get 2 proprietary softwares (Davinci resolve and nvidia driver) to work together on linux, the main question is : does it work ? .

Glad you found a way to achieve that.

#10 2022-08-25 11:33:14

shawniere

I feel like this thread should be marked SOLVED but I don't think I can do it as I didn't start it.

Board footer