You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-02 21:00:25

ewaller
Administrator

Arch Linux Cookie Cutter

For those of you with 3D printers, Any interest in an Arch Linux Cookie Cutter? 
Screenshot of OpenScad: https://imgur.com/a/cmjDjRo

If there is interest, I can share the stl file somewhere.

The Logo is derived from official artwork, reduced to two colors, and vectorized with a simple Python program that generates an scad file with the points.  Scad is used to do the extrusion and add the stiffener/handle.It is paramterized so I can change the wall thickness, size, height and stiffener dimensions as needed.

If there is serious interest, I can share the source; the source can be adapted to any black and white png -- but it is hackish and requires hand tuning to get some drawings to render.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#2 2022-09-02 21:07:13

HalosGhost
Forum Moderator
Website

Re: Arch Linux Cookie Cutter

I'd be interested! My 3d printer is still in-the-box and I've not acquired the appropriate resins yet, but I'd still be quite interested to have it WhenIt'sReady^{TM}.

All the best,

-HG

#3 2022-09-02 21:15:10

ewaller
Administrator

HalosGhost wrote:

I'd be interested! My 3d printer is still in-the-box and I've not acquired the appropriate resins yet, but I'd still be quite interested to have it WhenIt'sReady^{TM}.

All the best,

-HG

What did you get?  Mine is a Prusa Mini+

Last edited by ewaller (2022-09-02 22:50:10)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#4 2022-09-02 21:42:40

HalosGhost
Forum Moderator
Website

I have a lite3dp. It's fair to call it a toy, but I like the idea of getting into things gradually.

All the best,

-HG

Board footer