You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-12 09:35:59

radumitrescu

[SOLVED] Lenovo Legion 5i 2021 boots to black screen

I recently got myself a 2021 Lenovo Legion 5i, i7 11800h, RTX 3060. I installed Arch from the latest ISO via the archinstall script and if during setup I choose to install the proprietary GPU drivers it doesn't boot. It gets stuck on a black screen with a non-blinking cursor, top left.

So in order to boot to a working desktop I choose to install nouveau during installation. Once booted into the system I proceed to install nvidia, nvidia-utils, lib32-nvidia-utils, nvidia-prime. Then I set nvidia_drm.modeset=1 kernel parameter in grub, update grub, open up mkinitcpio.conf and allow for early loading of i915, nvidia, nvidia_modeset, nvidia_uvm and nvidia_drm. Then after mkinitcpio -P I reboot.

To a black screen.

Now, I have also tried Endeavour and Manjaro with it's mhwd, but they both boot to a black screen after installing NVIDIA.

FWIW, the only distribution that I managed to get working on the laptop is the Fedora-based Nobara Project.

Any idea what I'm missing to get Arch running on this laptop?

Last edited by radumitrescu (2022-09-13 11:58:34)

Romanian street photographer with a passion for vintage lenses, beer and linux. Somewhat of a nerd.

#2 2022-09-13 11:59:02

radumitrescu

Re: [SOLVED] Lenovo Legion 5i 2021 boots to black screen

Adding ibt=off to grub allowed me to boot and now everything is flawless.

Romanian street photographer with a passion for vintage lenses, beer and linux. Somewhat of a nerd.

Board footer