You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-14 02:07:02

LordHog

[Resolved] "Could not resolve host: repo.herecura.be" during update

Hello,

While trying to update Arch using 'sudo pacman -Syyu' the error "failed retrieving file 'herecura.db' from repo.herecura.be : Could not resolve host: repo.herecura.be" is shown.  Searching the net didn't show anything how to resolve this.  Not sure if this was something I added and if so what it is related to.  The full output is as follows:

:: Synchronizing package databases...
core                                                                       156.5 KiB   767 KiB/s 00:00 [#############################################################] 100%
extra                                                                     1725.7 KiB  6.17 MiB/s 00:00 [#############################################################] 100%
community                                                                    6.9 MiB  5.16 MiB/s 00:01 [#############################################################] 100%
multilib                                                                   176.6 KiB  2.74 MiB/s 00:00 [#############################################################] 100%
herecura.db failed to download
error: failed retrieving file 'herecura.db' from repo.herecura.be : Could not resolve host: repo.herecura.be
warning: too many errors from repo.herecura.be, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed to synchronize all databases (invalid url for server)

I was hoping this was a temporary issue, but it has persisted for about a week now.  How do I fix this error? 

Mark

Last edited by LordHog (2022-09-15 04:31:07)

#2 2022-09-14 03:23:50

mpan
Website

Re: [Resolved] "Could not resolve host: repo.herecura.be" during update

That domain seems to not be existing, so the error message is right. Use a different mirror.

Also, do not use -yy needlessly. You are just increasing load on the infrastructure, which people donate to the project, and you gain nothing. There is absolutely no reason to use it during normal system updates. And circumstances, in which -yy may be needed, are very rare.

Sometimes I seem a bit harsh — don’t get offended too easily!

#3 2022-09-14 12:25:39

a821

Is this the repo in question? If so, the address is different; .eu instead of .be

#4 2022-09-15 04:30:17

LordHog

So, I tired just using "sudo pacman -Sy" and was able to update the packages.  I will look into how to update the mirrors and perhaps use the one that a821 suggested.  If I tack on the -yy I still see the same issue.

Board footer