You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-17 06:54:27

CraigAB69

RTFM AKA 1st check the ArchWiki!! Thanks to the people that update it.

Hi,

I just want to say thanks to all the people that contribute to problem solving and updating the ArchWiki.

I recently had some issues with VMware and by default I did a web search which didn't amount to much, but then I checked the ArchWiki.
And there were my answers. Doh!! (I really should have known better!)

Cheers,
Craig

#2 2022-09-17 14:35:27

zacariaz

Re: RTFM AKA 1st check the ArchWiki!! Thanks to the people that update it.

Agreed. The Arch Wiki is, no doubt, the greatest resource, out there. We should not forget to appreciate this fact, and the people responsible. I think it not too much of an exaggeration to state, that were it not for the Arch wiki and the people behind it, my interests would lie elsewhere entirely. Perhaps knitting patterns...

That being said, often it is a matter of not knowing what to look for, some times even for experienced users, and no one should be blamed for this. Certain people should not forget to appreciate that either.

Perhaps you should've know better, but some times you just don't. In fact, there are many people, who are new to Linux and Arch, who have yet to come to this realisation, and it is better to take the time to explain this, than to belittle them for it, which is generally just a waste of time.
Asking the right questions, is sometimes the hardest part.

I for one appreciate the wiki and the forum, and those people responsible. I even appreciate those few, who are not always experts out in diplomacy, to put it mildly, but it has been difficult, in the past, being less wise than I pretend to be now, and significantly so. That is a shame indeed, and I for one will never employ the rather distasteful and presumptuous, I think, acronym, in the title.

Best regards.

I am a philosopher, of sorts, not a troll or an imbecile.
My apologies that this is not always obvious, despite my best efforts.

Board footer