You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-04 15:49:31

paritosh.aggarwal

Bootup Disk Language

I created a bootup disk using Nero and copied the image archlinux-0.7.2.iso onto the cd. I booted from the CD and it started DR-DOS
I typed in wwbmu and it opened something which seemed like the installation  pane but it was in German. When I made the disk, I specifically made the language English(US) in Nero. Any reasons, fixes to this problem?

#2 2006-11-04 16:04:48

Romashka
Forum Fellow

Re: Bootup Disk Language

paritosh.aggarwal wrote:

I created a bootup disk using Nero and copied the image archlinux-0.7.2.iso onto the cd. I booted from the CD and it started DR-DOS

Why did you do that? Why not just open ISO with Nero and then write it?
File - Open - select .iso in File Types, then burn the image.

to live is to die

#3 2006-11-04 16:08:47

paritosh.aggarwal

Umm I think I am using a different version of Nero - Nero StartSmart - it doesnt have a menu bar and I dont know how to open files using Nero. But are you saying that instead of making a bootup disk, I should just burn the image to a disk and that will automatically be bootable?

#4 2006-11-04 16:16:15

Romashka
Forum Fellow

paritosh.aggarwal wrote:

Umm I think I am using a different version of Nero - Nero StartSmart - it doesnt have a menu bar and I dont know how to open files using Nero. But are you saying that instead of making a bootup disk, I should just burn the image to a disk and that will automatically be bootable?

Yes, it will bootable automatically.
This is not a different version, just one part of full Nero suite.
Select "Write Image to Disk" (I don't know exact title, 'cause I don't have English Nero), then select .iso File Type, select Arch ISO and then proceed further to burning process.

to live is to die

#5 2006-11-04 16:17:38

Chman
Website

paritosh.aggarwal wrote:

Umm I think I am using a different version of Nero - Nero StartSmart - it doesnt have a menu bar and I dont know how to open files using Nero.

In Nero StartSmart, there's an "Application" drop down on the left, select Nero Burning Rom. When it starts, cancel the wizard. Then, follow Romashka steps smile

Board footer