You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-06 08:17:51

mr75

GRUB update problem

Hi,

I use GRUB on an UEFI system. When I regenerate the `grub.cfg` with `grub-mkconfig -o grub.cfg` I get a section:

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/30_uefi-firmware ###                                               
fwsetup --is-supported                                                                   
if [ "$grub_platform" = "efi" -a "$?" = 0 ]; then                                        
        menuentry 'UEFI Firmware Settings' $menuentry_id_option 'uefi-firmware' {        
                fwsetup                                                                  
        }                                                                                
fi                                                                                       
### END /etc/grub.d/30_uefi-firmware ###

That section appears also in my current `grub.cfg`, but then without the condition:

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/30_uefi-firmware ###                                               
menuentry 'UEFI Firmware Settings' $menuentry_id_option 'uefi-firmware' {
        fwsetup
}
### END /etc/grub.d/30_uefi-firmware ###

Now, the problem is that when I boot with the new `grub.cfg`, GRUB fails to start, and I get thrown into the boot settings of my machine.

Thanks in advance for any help!

/Magnus

#2 2022-10-06 08:23:56

mr75

Re: GRUB update problem

Nevermind. I see that I got bitten by https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/75701

Cheers,

Magnus

#3 2022-10-06 13:06:44

philo

Re: GRUB update problem

Good. Pelase mark your thread as [SOLVED].

Board footer