You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-21 12:18:04

danimac13

Couldn't use snx vpn.

Hi guys I'm trying to use this package https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/snx/
I installed but when I execute:

snx -s (server) -u (user)

I'm having this response:

SNX: Routing table configuration failed. Try to reconnect.

What I'm missing?

Some VPN expert can help me?

thanks in advance.

#2 2020-04-23 16:38:24

danimac13

Re: Couldn't use snx vpn.

Easy to solve, but I'm too stupid to notice:

sudo snx -s (server) -u (user)

#3 2022-10-31 16:43:18

ruyrybeyro

Hi,

*not sure this is the right place*

The pure command line setup of the Checkpoint VPN client, with a special edition of SNX, has already stopped working a couple of years ago with the discontinuation of SSLv3 support by Checkpoint.

Also around that time, the Java agent stopped being an applet in the browser, and became a Java servlet running on the client.

These setups are typically problematic with the various versions of Checkpoint installation scripts, dependencies are not always easy to satisfy, require 32-bit libraries, and in some distributions/versions these dependencies no longer exist (officially).

Here is my script that isolates the client/agent/32-bit setup in a chroot, and has been tested with many distributions, including a couple flavours of Arch.

https://github.com/ruyrybeyro/chrootvpn

#4 2022-11-01 14:33:55

ewaller
Administrator

ruyrybeyro, welcome to the forums.  That is a great contribution; the thread is a little old, so the original poster may not be looking for an answer anymore.  We avoid updating old posts as things change so fast; but in your case, I think you may have captured the essence of what happened a couple years ago.  If you are so inclined,that might be something for the WiKi.

As this is a two year old thread, I am going to go ahead and close it,  If needed, we can reopen it on request (use the report link)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer