You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-01 21:39:22

anon5

FileManager-Actions no longer works in Gnome 43

The package filemanager-actions has stopped working after updating to Gnome version 43.

The upstream URL from the package page says the repository is also archived. So, whatever is broken in 43 is probably not going to get fixed. At least not upstream.

I've used the FileManager-Actions to add extra menu items when right-clicking on files and folders in nautilus. For example adding the option to open a file or folder in VSCode. From the previous link I've also learnt about the python-nautilus package, which I can probably use to replace this.

However, what should be done about the filemanager-actions? It is broken + archived. Should I report this as a bug or should I suggest its removal? Now that arch is in 43, is there any value keeping packages that only worked in 42 and earlier?

#2 2022-11-02 05:43:41

cfr

Re: FileManager-Actions no longer works in Gnome 43

I would report it as a bug. It has to be a bug if it cannot be used on a current Arch system. The fact that it isn't going to be fixed upstream doesn't change that. It just alters the options the maintainers have for addressing the bug.

At least, that's how I'd think about it.

If the package is mentioned in the wiki, please also consider noting your information there or on the corresponding talk page.

CLI Paste | How To Ask Questions

Arch Linux | x86_64 | GPT | EFI boot | refind | stub loader | systemd | LVM2 on LUKS
Lenovo x270 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel Wireless 8265/8275 | US keyboard w/ Euro | 512G NVMe INTEL SSDPEKKF512G7L

#3 2022-11-02 10:04:05

anon5

Re: FileManager-Actions no longer works in Gnome 43

Thank you for the reply.

For anyone else who might stumble on this thread, the bug has been reported in: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/76382

The wiki page where this package is mentioned has also been updated: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/GNOME/Files#Extensions

Board footer