You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-03 16:00:07

Slash
Website

mpd-svn build problems

I maintain the mpd-svn package on the AUR. Somewhat recently (a month or two?) I was unable to build this package anymore.

1) It is not a problem with newer mpd code. Older revisions that I have built in the past give the same error that I'm getting in the newer versions. I attempted to trace what packages in Arch Linux were changed which could have lead to this problem, but was unsuccessful.

2) It is not a problem with the PKGBUILD. If I checkout the code manually and do everything by hand the same problem arises. I am not familiar with the build processes involved here, like autoconf/automake/etc. Perhaps someone with more knowledge will have a better idea. It seems reasonable to assume mpd's code is incompatible with a newer version of something in Arch Linux.

After ./configure, this is the output:

You are now ready to compile MPD
Type "make" to compile MPD
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/var/abs/local/mpd-svn/src/mpd'
Making all in src
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/abs/local/mpd-svn/src/mpd/src'
Making all in mp4ff
make[3]: Entering directory `/var/abs/local/mpd-svn/src/mpd/src/mp4ff'
if /bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../..    -DUSE_TAGGING=1 -march=i686 -O2 -pipe -MT mp4ff.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/mp4ff.Tpo" -c -o mp4ff.lo mp4ff.c;
    then mv -f ".deps/mp4ff.Tpo" ".deps/mp4ff.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/mp4ff.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
mv: cannot stat `.deps/mp4ff.Tpo': No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [mp4ff.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/local/mpd-svn/src/mpd/src/mp4ff'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/local/mpd-svn/src/mpd/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/abs/local/mpd-svn/src/mpd'
make: *** [all] Error 2

The text in bold being the actual error. It appears that this file that is missing should have been created by ./autogen.sh or ./configure.

The current PKGBUILD is here: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?d … =1&ID=1911

#2 2006-11-05 20:50:08

prim

Re: mpd-svn build problems

This probably won't help you but I was able to build mpd-svn rev. 4952 (using your PKGBUILD) as well as mpc-svn, ncmpc-svn and gmpc-svn just yesterday.
My system is up to date.

Feel free to correct my English

#3 2006-11-07 01:43:18

Slash
Website

prim wrote:

This probably won't help you but I was able to build mpd-svn rev. 4952 (using your PKGBUILD) as well as mpc-svn, ncmpc-svn and gmpc-svn just yesterday.
My system is up to date.

That's weird. Everything is up to date on my machine too but I keep having the same problem  sad

#4 2006-11-07 01:53:39

stonecrest

I just built it without a problem using aurbuild.

I am a gated community.

Board footer