You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-15 18:11:51

ricerabbi

Corrupted rendering following NVIDIA suspend + Wayland

After waking from a systemctl suspend with nvidia-suspend.service enabled on wayland with the nvidia-open-dkms driver:

Rendering is glitchy: wallpaper is replaced with a dark grey background (yet swaybg is still running), text in terminals shifts in alignment, and the bar (waybar) is invisible save for its workspaces module. Restarting the compositor (this issue occurs with both river and Hyprland) fixes the rendering, but only until the next suspend. This issue does not occur in X.

I have tried preserving nvidia GPU memory, as well as following the recommended nvidia steps for Hyprland. Here is the output of cat /proc/cmdline:

BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-linux root=UUID=ca9e809e-e9c9-43b2-9bba-5f91e700782e rw loglevel=3 quiet nvidia NVreg_PreserveVideoMemoryAllocations=1 NVreg_TemporaryFilePath=/var/tmp nvidia_drm.modeset=1

I know that wayland with nvidia, especially when suspending, is borked; I ask because I have already tried solutions that reportedly worked for other people and I'm wondering if there is anything left to try (I've researched this beforehand) before I call it quits and move back to boring old X.

This is my first arch forum post; please let me know if I need to change anything about it. Thanks!

kernel = 6.0.8-arch1-1
window managers tested = river and Hyprland
GPU = rtx 3060ti FE connected via display port
CPU = ryzen 5 5600x
RAM: 2 X 16GB
driver: nvidia-open-dkms (AUR)

#2 2022-11-15 22:25:40

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Corrupted rendering following NVIDIA suspend + Wayland

Test nvidia instead of nvidia-open afaik suspend is knowingly broken there and works better on nvidia currently.

#3 2022-11-16 00:05:27

ricerabbi

Re: Corrupted rendering following NVIDIA suspend + Wayland

Thanks!

Removed nvidia-open-dkms and tried with nvidia-dkms instead: no dice, still the same jank rendering as before.

Board footer