You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-20 11:38:17

to_you_bannana

[SOLVED] Find out at what temperature GPU shuts down

I have a NVIDA GTX 1070 Ti, it quite freqently shuts down while gaming or under heavy load, keeping the fan speeds to a maximum always averts this issue. How can I know at which temperature the GPU shuts down at so I can use the same information in my GPU fan curve

Also is there something that automatically switches off display or something when the GPU shuts down to keep the system still running because my system automatically crashes after that?

Last edited by to_you_bannana (2024-01-26 20:05:48)

#2 2022-11-20 20:43:27

cfr

Re: [SOLVED] Find out at what temperature GPU shuts down

sensors might tell you. journalctl also might tell you and/or it might tell you the temperature limits are buggy.

CLI Paste | How To Ask Questions

Arch Linux | x86_64 | GPT | EFI boot | refind | stub loader | systemd | LVM2 on LUKS
Lenovo x270 | Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel Wireless 8265/8275 | US keyboard w/ Euro | 512G NVMe INTEL SSDPEKKF512G7L

#3 2022-11-21 13:56:42

to_you_bannana

cfr wrote:

sensors might tell you. journalctl also might tell you and/or it might tell you the temperature limits are buggy.

How do I find and use these sensors? I asked this question because I was not able to find anything related to NVIDIA after a crash

#4 2022-11-21 16:08:20

V1del
Forum Moderator

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Lm_sensors but for nvidia you probably rather want to look into nvidia-smi or nvidia-settings for these kind of informations

Last edited by V1del (2022-11-21 16:08:35)

#5 2022-11-27 15:19:57

msharov
Website

The command is `nvidia-smi -q`, printing a long list of settings, including:

Temperature                                                                                                                                         
GPU Current Temp                    : 28 C                                                                                                         
GPU Shutdown Temp                : 97 C                                                                                                         
GPU Slowdown Temp                : 94 C                                                                                                         
GPU Max Operating Temp          : 92 C                                                                                                         
GPU Target Temperature           : 83 C                                                                                                         
Memory Current Temp              : N/A                                                                                                         
Memory Max Operating Temp    : N/A                                                                                                         
Power Readings                                                                                                                                       
Power Management                  : Supported                                                                                                   
Power Draw                             : 14.81 W                                                                                                     
Power Limit                             : 300.00 W                                                                                                     
Default Power Limit                  : 450.00 W                                                                                                     
Enforced Power Limit               : 300.00 W                                                                                                     
Min Power Limit                       : 100.00 W
Max Power Limit                      : 516.00 W

The GPU Slowdown Temp is the one you want to see.
You may also be hitting the Enforced Power Limit.

Board footer