You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-29 03:22:02

manray

USB devices stop working after hibernate

I use a poor-quality USB-C dock with my Dell XPS-15 9510. After hibernating I sometimes am unable to use my keyboard or USB speaker which are both plugged into the dock. I am also pretty sure that my bluetooth mouse and fingerprint sensor stop working. The behavior is inconsistent. I beleive that it only happens when I power on the laptop and then hibernate (after an arbitrary length of time) without ever connecting to the doc. The keyboard seems to be seen, but I am unable to use it. Functionality regained after I restart the laptop. It is worth noting that I also have a display port plugged into the doc, which works fine even when the keyboard fails.

I have tried unbinding and rebinding using `sudo echo 0000\:00\:14.0 > unbind` and ` sudo echo 0000\:00\:14.0 > bind` in /sys/bus/pci/drivers/xhci_hcd as root which certainly resets the keyboard because I can see it flicker. However, it still does not work until I reboot.

Any ideas would be apprecaited.

#2 2022-11-29 08:13:49

seth

Re: USB devices stop working after hibernate

I beleive that it only happens when I power on the laptop and then hibernate (after an arbitrary length of time) without ever connecting to the doc.

You mean you boot and hibernate undocked, then dock, then resume from hibernation?

Should be easy enough to cross-test and also you could try to re-dock after the resume.

Ceterum censeo: is there a parallel windows installation? See the 3rd link below.

Board footer