You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-02 06:03:12

grinnan

Unable to boot after failed upgrade and then completed upgrade

Unable to boot after failed upgrade and then completed upgrade.  The boot fails while running error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.3 cannot open shared object file... This appears to occur during init, just before resume. I have rescued/booted from flash drive and reinstalled openssl to no avail.  This issue is occurring for several kernels on the machine.  - Thanks

#2 2022-12-02 08:29:39

seth

Re: Unable to boot after failed upgrade and then completed upgrade

failed upgrade and then completed upgrade

check your pacman log on how complete and succesful the upgrade was.

appears to occur during init, just before resume

You've libcrypto in your initramfs and failed/forgot to update it? Maybe the "then completed upgrade" was run w/o the /boot directory mounted?

error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.3 cannot open shared object file

Error by what? Post the exact error message in context, make sure to not have silly suff like plymouth or the "quiet" parameter in your kernel commandline.

#3 2022-12-02 18:36:37

grinnan

Hey thank you for the response.  I am an idiot.  When I rescued and chrooted to re-install openssl and then run mkinitcpio, I forgot to mount my boot directory.  So I was fixing the issue, just not for me.  Once again, thank you.

#4 2022-12-02 18:51:26

seth

I broght this up because it happens a lot - so be eays on yourself smile

Please always remember to mark resolved threads by editing your initial posts subject - so others will know that there's no task left, but maybe a solution to find.
Thanks.

Board footer