You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-12 12:54:09

DutchEllie

Black screen with cursor after wake from suspend (KDE & SDDM)

My laptop (Thinkpad L15 Gen 2 AMD) recently started getting a black screen with a cursor after waking from sleep. I don't know anything that could cause this. I couldn't find anything specifically in my journalctl or dmesg. The only way I know how to fix this is to switch to a different TTY and run systemctl restart sddm. I remember using killall startplasma-x11 to fix this, but that recently stopped working.

I have tried to use a different kernel too. I was running Linux, but have tried LTS and Zen, the issue persists.
This is the output from journalctl --system --boot=-1 from after pressing the powerbutton to hard reset the laptop (I couldn't login at the time in another TTY, because byobu was keeping me from reaching a shell, have fixed that now). If I need to provide another log, please tell me!

Last edited by DutchEllie (2022-12-12 12:57:48)

#2 2022-12-15 09:30:13

DutchEllie

Re: Black screen with cursor after wake from suspend (KDE & SDDM)

So, I know nobody cared to reply. I fixed the issue by giving up on Arch initially and installing Gentoo. Then I got real uncomfortable with not having the AUR so I installed Arch again. Now the issue is gone, but I am also using a completely fresh install, so that's kinda to be expected.

#3 2022-12-15 11:08:53

broes

I'm having a similar issue with a different ThinkPad laptop model, running KDE and SDDM. Though, I can't switch to a different TTY or get the laptop to respond to any other inputs. The only thing I can do is hold the power button to reboot the laptop. Maybe reinstalling Arch will fix my problem too.

#4 2022-12-17 09:12:07

DutchEllie

broes wrote:

I'm having a similar issue with a different ThinkPad laptop model, running KDE and SDDM. Though, I can't switch to a different TTY or get the laptop to respond to any other inputs. The only thing I can do is hold the power button to reboot the laptop. Maybe reinstalling Arch will fix my problem too.

I reinstalled and since then I did encounter a similar issue. It seems like the same issue you're having too. The caps lock light works, but numpad doesn't and I am unable to switch TTY. I installed a different kernel again, but that also doesn't work..

Last edited by DutchEllie (2022-12-17 15:54:46)

Board footer