You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-13 17:55:08

marcmatias

[SOLVED] KDE change theme getting "QDBusConnection: error"

Every time i change KDE theme with:

lookandfeeltool -a org.kde.breeze.desktop

I am getting the error message:

QDBusConnection: error: could not send signal to service "" path "//home/marcmatias/.config/kdedefaults/kdeglobals" interface "org.kde.kconfig.notify" member "ConfigChanged": Invalid object path: //home/marcmatias/.config/kdedefaults/kdeglobals
QDBusConnection: error: could not send signal to service "" path "//home/marcmatias/.kde4/share/config/kdeglobals" interface "org.kde.kconfig.notify" member "ConfigChanged": Invalid object path: //home/marcmatias/.kde4/share/config/kdeglobals
QDBusConnection: error: could not send signal to service "" path "//home/marcmatias/.config/kdedefaults/kdeglobals" interface "org.kde.kconfig.notify" member "ConfigChanged": Invalid object path: //home/marcmatias/.config/kdedefaults/kdeglobals
QDBusConnection: error: could not send signal to service "" path "//home/marcmatias/.kde4/share/config/kdeglobals" interface "org.kde.kconfig.notify" member "ConfigChanged": Invalid object path: //home/marcmatias/.kde4/share/config/kdeglobals

All themes change except gtk themes. I have to logout and login to get gtk themes with the KDE theme color that i choose

Last edited by marcmatias (2022-12-22 02:26:45)

#2 2022-05-28 12:11:30

lambdasquared

Re: [SOLVED] KDE change theme getting "QDBusConnection: error"

Have you solved the issue? The errors seem to be a harmless red haring from https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=432901

Weirdly for me it works intermittently and the behavior depends on specific app (firefox changes immediately and lets website know about the dark mode but sometimes doesn't apply the dark theme on itself; thunderbird needs restart but even then occasionally ignores the light theme applied)

My current workaround is to just spam lookandfeeltool 3 times and hope it sticks tongue

t=org.kde.breezedark.desktop; lookandfeeltool -a $t; lookandfeeltool -a $t; lookandfeeltool -a $t;

Last edited by lambdasquared (2022-05-28 12:25:18)

#3 2022-12-22 02:25:16

marcmatias

Re: [SOLVED] KDE change theme getting "QDBusConnection: error"

After some updates it`s started to work. Before that I was spaming lookandfeeltool too, hehe.

I had to install Arch Linux on a new machine a few days ago and I notice that after installing the xdg-desktop-porta` package GTK applications start displaying the theme according to the one chosen in System Settings : Theme.

Board footer