You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-06 23:17:40

drtebi

[SOLVED] No more direct links to PKGBUILD on AUR website?

Please excuse me if I missed something, but from what I can see, there are no direct links to PKGBUILD files in the AUR online repository anymore.

This contradicts what's said in the wiki:

Users can search and download PKGBUILDs from the AUR Web Interface

My way of installing an AUR package was to copy the PKGBUILD link from the website, then switch to the terminal and paste it in front of wget.

How can I directly get the PKGBUILD now without clicking three times around and copy-paste, cat into PKGBUILD file etc... ? Hmmm... it seems more complicated now hmm

Last edited by drtebi (2023-01-06 23:19:41)

#2 2023-01-06 23:20:36

drtebi

Re: [SOLVED] No more direct links to PKGBUILD on AUR website?

I solved my problem... I was looking at the wrong link! Oh my... getting old. Sorry for the disturbance smile

#3 2023-01-06 23:24:07

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

The links are still there.  What *exactly* do you think has changed?  What do you think you currently need to click three times?  There is still a link to the PKGBUILD, but this should not be used in this way as many packages include files in addition to the PKGBUILD that you will need.  There is also the "Download Snapshot" link which would get you everything in a tarball, but then you need to decompress it as another step.  So I'd just recommend copying the git url and cloning with git.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#4 2023-01-07 12:18:42

drtebi

Trilby wrote:

The links are still there.  What *exactly* do you think has changed?  What do you think you currently need to click three times?  There is still a link to the PKGBUILD, but this should not be used in this way as many packages include files in addition to the PKGBUILD that you will need.  There is also the "Download Snapshot" link which would get you everything in a tarball, but then you need to decompress it as another step.  So I'd just recommend copying the git url and cloning with git.

As noted in my response to my own post... I had a brain**rt, looked at the wrong link. I was going to delete this post, but I think that's not possible; hence I marked it as solved.

Board footer