You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-13 03:41:56

tim

Problem with wireless after upgrade

I have posted this question already in the networking section but I've had no reply as yet so I've posted it again in the noob section. Sorry if this is bad form...

Hi people. Firstly I'd just like to say Arch ROCKS! anyway ...

OK strange problem. Not expecting much, but if anyone can help then that would be great.
I recently installed Arch for the first time (7.2 with the 2.6.16 kernel etc). My wireless card was detected and configured no probs. I set up my wireless with wep and all the business. Everything was great. So then after a few days of getting to know Arch I decided it was time to get KDE. In order to get KDE to install I had to "pacman -Syu" first and then install KDE. No probs. All went smoothly. kernel updated to 2.6.18 etc.

HOWEVER. I now have this really weird problem wherby SOMETIMES (e.g. 50% of the time) I can't connect to my AP. I've tried manually setting up the link on the command line one command at a time and everything is fine except now I get the following error if I try to set the mode to auto:

Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06)
Set failed on device eth2 ; Operation not supported.

And more importantly if I try to set the channel I get:

Error for wireless request "Set Frequency" (8B04)
Set failed on device eth2 ; Device or resource busy.

I never had these problems before I did "pacman -Syu"

The man page for iwconfig says that in Managed mode, the AP sets the channel and sometimes the driver will refuse the setting of the frequency. This is the ONLY thing I can think of that could be going wrong but if it is I have no idea how to fix this?

Any ideas anyone?

#2 2006-11-13 04:08:44

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Re: Problem with wireless after upgrade

please remove this thread. double post of this one:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?p=207824#207824

#3 2006-11-13 05:00:35

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: Problem with wireless after upgrade

Locked.