You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-11 15:50:33

scrawler

strange keymap?

Howdy.

My larch live cd has an unusable keymap.  how can I define a standard us keymap?

#2 2006-11-12 07:25:42

gradgrind

Re: strange keymap?

How did you build it so that it has the strange keymap? The default is us ...
In other words, if you build it with 'mklarch -p default' or 'mklarch -p mini', the keymap should be us. It (the console keymap) is set in the rcconfx file in the selected profile directory.

#3 2006-11-13 04:04:22

scrawler

I'm working off of a copy of default, using mklarch -d myprofilename.

It is indeed using the default us keymap, but, still, some keys are out of place.  ("y" is transposed with "z", for instance) I added some custompacks, and changed around the addedpacks, but  did not modify anything else.  the iso that I burn seems to work fine other than the crazy keyboard...

#4 2006-11-13 05:17:33

gradgrind

Is this problem in console or X?

Check (in the running live system) /etc/rc.conf for console.
Check /etc/X11/xorg.conf for X. I see that I actually put a German keymap in the supplied xorg.conf (as an example), but running KDE you wouldn't necessarily notice this because it can override the xorg.conf setting (this happens using the unmodified default profile). In any case, you would be better off with a us-keymap here. Just delete these lines:
    Option "XkbLayout"     "de"
    Option "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"

The question is maybe where to delete them? To get them 'carved in stone', this needs to be in the overlay. Read the documentation page about overlays. Another possibility is to change it in the running live system and then to save the session (see the session-saving documentation page).
Any further questions, ask here (well, actually better would be on the larch-2 thread!)

#5 2006-11-13 12:06:52

scrawler

Thanks, I'll check those things.  Actually I posted this question here by mistake--twice!  I meant it to go in the larch2 thread...  oops.

Board footer