You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-21 15:12:42

tomz12

[SOLVED] Plasma broken after a forced shutoff

I have a laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 330) which has had it's battery issues even since I installed Arch a few years ago, and unfortunately what happened now was that despite the battery claiming 30% it apparently was empty and shut off in the middle of an update.
Lost most of the content of my boot partition and a few other files left and right by the looks of it.

Long story short, I now got things to a stage where the laptop boots again, but gets stuck during loading Plasma, initially I was able to logon to tty2 and successfully ran a pacman -Syu which went through fine. So I should have a fully current and viable system I thought. Unfortunately Plasma/Qt seems to still be off.
The system is now at a stage where it would boot as far as the graphical cursor appearing, but then gets stuck so badly that not even switching to tty2 works any longer.
I am therefore booting into an USB stick, according to the log all plasma components fail because some qt stuff is missing. So here I am chrooting and removing / reinstalling plasma, qt5, sddm but somehow nothing seems to help the situation.

What would help right away would be an idea how I can prevent booting into the graphical session, as that would save me the arch-chroot detour while troubleshooting. Aside from that, anyone got an idea what else I could try to force a clean plasma install?

Last edited by tomz12 (2023-01-22 14:39:00)

#2 2023-01-22 14:38:29

tomz12

Re: [SOLVED] Plasma broken after a forced shutoff

Couldn't figure it, gave up and restored from a btrfs snapshot

Board footer