You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-21 15:45:57

Leviticoh

[SOLVED] dotnet restore stuck when building project

not sure if this is the right place, still i'd like some help troubleshooting, since i hardly ever use dotnet

i was trying to build a project using dotnet, but the commands "dotnet run" "dotnet build" and "dotnet restore" always got stuck giving no output

so i downloaded the samples from https://github.com/dotnet/samples to check if the project i was trying to build had a problem, but the project in samples/core/console-apps/HelloMsBuild/ seems to have the same problem

when i try to interrupt the process with ctrl+c it starts repeating

/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/7.0.101/NuGet.targets(132,5): warning MSB4220: Waiting for the currently executing task "RestoreTask" to cancel. [/home/wine/sources/samples/core/console-apps/HelloMsBuild/Hello.csproj]

output of dotnet "restore -v d": http://0x0.st/o5QC.txt
after that it hangs, pins a cpu core to 100% and doesn't output anything

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling dotnet-sdk, but i don't really know what should i check

i'm using dotnet-sdk 7.0.1.sdk101-1 and updated my system this morning

i hope the informationi provided was useful, please tell me if you need to know something

Last edited by Leviticoh (2023-08-21 17:01:54)

#2 2023-02-01 17:52:31

Lamborge

Re: [SOLVED] dotnet restore stuck when building project

I have the same problem. Did you solve this?

#3 2023-08-21 16:58:30

Leviticoh

Re: [SOLVED] dotnet restore stuck when building project

Lamborge wrote:

I have the same problem. Did you solve this?

sorry, i forgot to post the solution i found

apparently dotnet had a problem handling file paths that contain double slashes, like "/home/leviticoh//.config",

my value in $HOME was "/home/leviticoh/", and dotnet had to access some file in "$HOME/somedir",
that turned out to be "/home/leviticoh//somedir", and dotnet got stuck in an infinite loop trying to parse that path

i worked around that by changing my $HOME from "/home/leviticoh/" to "/home/leviticoh"

Board footer