You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-04 11:50:45

nihil39

Error when importing the AUR Package python-torch-geometric

Can someone try to install python-torch-geometric AUR package and try to reproduce this bug?  https://github.com/acxz/pkgbuilds/issues/219

Is it possible that I am the only one using this package and/or the only one with this bug? I have a pretty standard arch linux installation and PyTorch works

Thank you

#2 2023-03-04 15:05:10

Lone_Wolf

Re: Error when importing the AUR Package python-torch-geometric

The bug is reproducible, but there's something weird going on .

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pyth … rch_sparse does state it's required by python-torch-geometric .
However the python-torch-geometric page doesn't mention python-pytorch_sparse  at all.

No idea how that can happen .

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2023-03-05 11:48:11

nihil39

Lone_Wolf wrote:

The bug is reproducible, but there's something weird going on .

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pyth … rch_sparse does state it's required by python-torch-geometric .
However the python-torch-geometric page doesn't mention python-pytorch_sparse  at all.

No idea how that can happen .

Not only that: the current PKGBUILD for pytorch sparse is outdated and fails to install, error below.

ERROR test/test_matmul.py - RuntimeError: 
ERROR test/test_metis.py - RuntimeError: 
ERROR test/test_overload.py - RuntimeError: 
ERROR test/test_permute.py - RuntimeError: 
ERROR test/test_saint.py - RuntimeError: 
ERROR test/test_spmm.py - RuntimeError: 
ERROR test/test_spspmm.py - RuntimeError: 
ERROR test/test_storage.py - RuntimeError: 
ERROR test/test_tensor.py - RuntimeError: 
ERROR test/test_transpose.py - RuntimeError: 
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Interrupted: 15 errors during collection !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
============================================================================================ 15 errors in 2.10s =============================================================================================
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in check().
    Aborting...
 -> error making: python-pytorch_sparse 

So I think I have to write to the Pytorch Geometric AUR package to update the dependencies and to try to update the Pytorch sparse PKGBUILD because it is clearly outdated and unmaintained. Any help will be appreciated, it is the first time i try to update a PKGBUILD.

Thank you

#4 2023-03-06 10:29:21

Lone_Wolf

The python-pytorch_sparse looks like it uses an older, deprecated  method to build. it may need a rewrite to comply with https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Python … guidelines .upstream build instructions are all targeted at pip users, so won't be much help.

For now I suggest you increase pkgver to 0.6.16 and verify if that builds .

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

#5 2023-03-07 09:14:47

nihil39

After my report, Pytorch sparse has been updated yesterday by the Pytorch geometric maintainer and it has been added has a PyG dependency, but I get this error while building it.

Can you try to reproduce it? I'm referring to this package.

Thank you

Last edited by nihil39 (2023-03-07 11:18:41)

#6 2023-03-07 10:42:19

Lone_Wolf

gcc is in the base-devel meta-package which is assumed to be present when building aur packages, so doesn't need to be listed.

I built in a clean chroot with extra-x86_64-build.

Sofar I've found python-pytorch is needed as dependency . The build error you got is because parallel-hashmap is not present .

Add that package and build succeeds .

#7 2023-03-07 11:39:17

nihil39

Thank you very much. So parallel-hashmap should be added as a dependency. Pytorch should be a dependency of pytorch geometric

#8 2023-03-07 12:00:19

Lone_Wolf

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python-torch-sparse fails to build if it can't find the torch module, this makes python-pytorch a hard dependency (at buildtime, no idea about  runtime).

So both python-pytorch and parallel-hashmap need to be atleast makedepends.

Board footer