You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-07 04:44:16

YAOMTC

USB audio input crackling

For a while I've been using an Android tablet as a second monitor. At first I was using sndcpy to forward audio over USB. Eventually I switched to using my USB Bluetooth dongle, connected to my PC, to get audio from my tablet to my PC since I don't have Bluetooth support on my motherboard.

However, recently (within the last couple weeks) audio quality has dropped, introducing crackles and pops that weren't there before. Using sndcpy seems to start out worse than Bluetooth, but then gets better over time (but not fully better) whereas using the Bluetooth dongle seems to stay crackly indefinitely.

I did recently tweak wireplumber to disable the "suspend after 5 idle seconds" feature that causes the first second or so of audio to get cut off after it's been silent. I tried a couple things that didn't work, but commenting out a portion of suspend-node.lua did work. I don't know whether the problem started at this time. I tried reversing any changes I made just in case, but haven't been able to stop the popping / crackling.

How should I troubleshoot this?

Last edited by YAOMTC (2023-03-07 04:45:09)

#2 2023-03-09 19:30:37

YAOMTC

Re: USB audio input crackling

I did a fresh install of Arch on another drive of this PC and the issue is not present, so it probably was my fiddling around with Pipewire config files that did it.

#3 2023-03-10 03:38:49

YAOMTC

Re: USB audio input crackling

Disregard that, the issue still occurs.

EDIT: This bug report is probably the issue at hand. https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pipewire … ssues/3048

Last edited by YAOMTC (2023-03-10 22:56:57)

Board footer