You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-11 12:37:06

dungeonseeker

Firefox & Wayland, vol up/down not working in fullscreen

For the past few days (maybe a week) I have been unable to use the up and down arrow keys to adjust the volume when watching videos in FF while fullscreen (windowed mode works), AFAICT it affects literally all video sites but is only present under Wayland, from X it works normally.

I'm running Arch on Kernel 6.2.2 with KDE Plasma on my Laptop, everything is up to date and I haven't changed anything about my setup between it working and not working. For reference I'm using the following envvars
MOZ_DRM_DEVICE=/dev/dri/card0 <---- Tells vaapi to use my Intel GPU and not the Nvidia since I usually have that disabled
MOZ_ENABLE_WAYLAND=1 <---- Runs Firefox in Wayland mode
GTK_USE_PORTAL=1 <---- Tells GTK based apps to use KDEs file browser instead of Gnomes

I suspect this has something to do with xdg-desktop-portal and the new global keyboard shortcut layer but honestly I'm totally stumped and can find no issues, errors or other logs that might help me track this issue down. I have tested setting 'Allow legacy apps to read keystrokes typed in all apps' to 'Always' in Plasmas settings, didn't do anything and as i just said, nothing I can find seems to indicate any issue with anything Firefox or Wayland related.

Anyone got any ideas?

Last edited by dungeonseeker (2023-03-11 12:37:54)

Board footer