You are not logged in.

#1 2004-04-02 05:27:44

gid13

A Congratulatory Message

In the midst of everybody's technical questions, I'd just like to say that pacman is without a doubt the best linux app I have ever used. Easy to understand, and makes installation of new software and keeping up to date completely painless. All it needs is more packages. Keep up the good work!

#2 2004-04-02 06:05:43

murkus

Re: A Congratulatory Message

gid13 wrote:

In the midst of everybody's technical questions, I'd just like to say that pacman is without a doubt the best linux app I have ever used. Easy to understand, and makes installation of new software and keeping up to date completely painless. All it needs is more packages. Keep up the good work!

My thoughts exactly! big_smile

Tremendous plus is easy to understand format with builds.

.murkus

#3 2004-04-02 06:43:23

rasat
Forum Fellow
Website

gid13 wrote:

All it needs is more packages. Keep up the good work!

Did you check at Arch Incoming Register.... packages waiting to be added in  AL's official repos (Current and Extra).

Packages in incoming repo are upto you and may or may not work. But in Trust User repo are for you..... if you trust smile. So far no complains except if the source had a bug. Or wait until official. The AIR is for users to know what are coming / availabe beside Current and Extra (still under development).
http://bliss-solutions.org/archlinux/incoming/

Markku

#4 2004-04-02 07:33:53

gid13

Well, there is an azureus, but it doesn't work... Thanks for the info anyway. smile

Board footer