You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-16 23:32:57

drusian

Cutefish Deskop,crash file-manager, settings, apparently after update

Goodnight,
I recently got to know cutefish desktop, I thought it was really cool and started to do some tests in a virtual machine.
It was running perfectly and apparently after a system update it started to behave badly.
When I open the file-manager or settings, in the left tree (from the fm), everything works normally, when I go to the folder navigation on the right the application freezes, it is slow and asks to finish, or otherwise it ends up kind of crashing the desktop, it works, but very slow and I end up having to kill it.
I deleted all home settings since there wasn't much customization, it worked again.
After installing a font from the djavu sans family, the problem reappeared, I was able to use one of the system's standard fonts at some cost and so far this freeze has not occurred.
What could possibly be happening? Does anyone have any ideas, have you been through this?
You know, have used or tested this desktop.
Hugs

#2 2023-03-17 00:03:04

drusian

Re: Cutefish Deskop,crash file-manager, settings, apparently after update

and..... it wasn't the source, after restarting the computer the problem reoccurred.
Somebody?

#3 2023-03-17 00:05:05

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Cutefish Deskop,crash file-manager, settings, apparently after update

The glib2 update unearthed a bunch of buggy software relying on implicit behaviour that was technically not entirely correct, might want to try downgrading that and if that fixes it, report to the cutefish devs that they should fix their use of glib2.

Board footer