You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-05 02:47:20

ewaller
Administrator

Guided Installer

The Arch Linux ISO now includes a guided installer.  Use this subforum for questions and issues related to this feature.

Support threads related to this installer will be moved here to provide a repository of these issues.   Please do not use this subforum for commentary or discussion about the merits of providing this feature.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#2 2021-11-18 14:07:39

imnotpathetic

Re: Guided Installer

Is it possible to make this script work under BIOS firmware?

#3 2022-05-02 08:54:03

Torxed

imnotpathetic wrote:

Is it possible to make this script work under BIOS firmware?

Just to clear this up, it works with BIOS too now days smile

#4 2023-03-27 03:11:00

alistairCookie

i initially used the installer script. my question is, if the script provides you a way to select your preferred DE, after installation you are only in terminal and expected to continue installation to have X and your DE. why asked the DE in the script during install then?

#5 2023-04-20 23:23:54

Eirikr

ewaller wrote:

The Arch Linux ISO now includes a guided installer.  Use this subforum for questions and issues related to this feature.

Support threads related to this installer will be moved here to provide a repository of these issues.   Please do not use this subforum for commentary or discussion about the merits of providing this feature.

I have avoided using the guided installer due to limits on arch forum support. By using this time-saving feature, I can obtain support on the forum? (Even if the support is limited to this specific thread?)

#6 2023-04-21 00:01:52

V1del
Forum Moderator

It's limited to this entire subforum and mostly to issues directly related to the installer. Do note that it has occasional had bugs with harddisk detection and as mentioned here the general support and relevance of it do extend to getting packaged as is, there are no guarantees for it work on any given iso

Board footer