You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-29 11:16:43

le_grande_castel

[SOLVED] Nothing will occur after “Starting systemd-udevd” screen

First of all I didn’t know what the issue is, so I supposed this was the most appropriate subforum for this.

Stuck in the Starting systemd-udevd screen. I have had this problem before, nothing I couldn’t fix. But now I chrooted with an USB and looked in the journal but  I have no clue what could be the culprit.

This happened after last night, when I’ve had enough with ffmpeg and ffmpeg-vulkan conflicting so I just force removed ffmpeg-vulkan despite breaking several conflicts, but it was no critical app, mostly stuff I didn’t use anymore. Also I ran a system update after, so I have no clue which borked my system.

I’d post the journal here but I am clueless on how to do it if I can’t even boot into my graphical interface.

The only red lines in the journal are the following:

“x86/cpu: SGX disabled by BIOS.”
“Failed to find module ‘ashem_linux’”
“Failed to find module ‘binder_linux’”
“Failed to find module ‘crypto_user’”
“Failed to find module ‘nvidia-uvm’”
“Failed to find module ‘vboxdrv’”
“Failed to find module ‘vboxnetadp’”
“Failed to find module ‘vboxnetflt’”

And a few orange lines.

Edit: Solved by mounting both root and boot partitions from chroot, reinstalling the kernel all together and mkinitcpo -P. Issue was uname -r returned 6.2.1, while I was actually using 6.1.21

Last edited by le_grande_castel (2023-03-30 08:10:10)

#2 2023-03-30 08:07:51

Lone_Wolf

Re: [SOLVED] Nothing will occur after “Starting systemd-udevd” screen

I’d post the journal here but I am clueless on how to do it if I can’t even boot into my graphical interface.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/List_o … n_services incase you do have network access from the chroot .

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer