You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-19 06:19:03

Abecedarian

Corrupted ext3 filesystem on second mount.

(RENAMED TOPIC TO REFLECT NEWEST QUESTION. SEE LATEST POST.)

After auto-preparing the harddrive and choosing all of the 'base' packages, I go to install the packages. It all goes good until...

Checking for file conflicts... error creating temp directory: no such file or directory
installing glibc...
could not extract .INSTALL: Read-only filesystem
errors occured when installing glibc.
db_write: No such file or directory
Error updating database for glibc!
Package installation FAILED.

I've tried several kinds of preparing the hard drive (manual, auto, etc) and to no avail. There's nothing special about the box; a CD drive, 120gigs on /dev/hdc, and a geforce 2 MX. Hardware shouldn't be an issue.

I'm trying to prevent my dad from spending a few hundred dollars to upgrade his box to run WinXP so that he can surf the internet and check his mail. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 2006-11-19 14:47:02

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

Re: Corrupted ext3 filesystem on second mount.

while you are in the installation, before installing the packages, go to a terminal (Alt +F1 ?) and do [code]mount -o remount,rw /[code]
and report any errors. If you get none try touching a file in before installing the packages: [code]touch /test[/code]

#3 2006-11-19 22:41:41

Abecedarian

Re: Corrupted ext3 filesystem on second mount.

Alright, I successfully remounted it rw and completed the installation. The only problem now is that I can boot it... once. On the second boot, it checks the root filesystem and it fails. Every time. Root filesystem is ext3. How can I fix this? This shouldn't even be happening on the second mount.

Board footer