You are not logged in.

#1 2023-04-18 12:05:04

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

[Solved] How to report issues with aur web interface as regular user ?

There's an annoying issue with the aur web interface that I'd like to report.

The link for reporting such bugs on the aur home page points to https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/aurweb/-/issues .
Unfortunately you need to be logged in to create a new issue.

There's no option to create an account and the only supported method to login is archlinux SSO .
Since i'm not an arch dev , tu , devops team member etc but just a regular archlinux user I don't have such a login.

Does anybody know how/where I can file an issue with the aur web interface ?

Last edited by Lone_Wolf (2023-04-18 16:07:23)

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#2 2023-04-18 12:33:12

seth

Re: [Solved] How to report issues with aur web interface as regular user ?

It allows me to login w/ github

#3 2023-04-18 12:54:50

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

After clicking archlinux sso it does show a list of my bbs/aur and a few other archlinux related accounts.
When they fail I get a button "sign in with github' and I do have a github.com account .

Unfortunately github wants me to setup mobile authentication which left me no choice but to abort.

I don't want archlinux , github or microsoft (owner of github)  to have more of my personal data then is absolutely necessary .
Guess I'll just wait until a more privacy-friendly login method is available (like hardware key or a TOTP application ).

Last edited by Lone_Wolf (2023-04-18 12:56:48)

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

#4 2023-04-18 14:02:04

seth

Did you try to register an arch SSO account?
https://accounts.archlinux.org/realms/a … olOu94bct0

#5 2023-04-18 14:43:49

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Gives the exact same "mobile authenticator setup" screen as when trying to use github login .

It shows "Install one of the following applications on your mobile" and lists a some android & IOS apps, nothing suitable on other devices.
Sorry, no "smart" phone available here. (and if there was one it wouldn't run those OSes)

#6 2023-04-18 14:59:05

Scimmia
Fellow

IIRC, it just needs TOTP, and there are plenty of ways to do that on Arch. I use KeePassXC, but I know there are cli options.

#7 2023-04-18 16:07:02

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

I settled for using the oathtool command from oath-toolkit and managed to create an account. Not entirely happy with the username (seems that was copied from github in previous attempts) , but everything works.

Thanks for all help, feature request added to archweb bugtracker.

Lone_Wolf

#8 2023-10-26 09:19:55

Ashark

Lone_Wolf wrote:

I settled for using the oathtool command from oath-toolkit and managed to create an account. Not entirely happy with the username (seems that was copied from github in previous attempts) , but everything works.

How exactly did you did that?

#9 2023-10-29 10:50:10

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

archlinux SSO does support TOTP , see https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Initia … #Standards .

Once a secret KEY is generated by the site you should store it somewhere safe.

Every time you want to use the login, you run

$ oathtool --base32 --totp KEY

(replace KEY with the real one, you may need to put it between double quotes ) .

The number that command returns is what you need to authenticate yourself.

#10 2023-10-29 11:36:31

progandy

At the moment registration is not possible, you'll have to write a mail:

gitlab.archlinux.org wrote:

Due to an influx of spam, we have had to temporarily disable account registrations. Please write an email to accountsupport@archlinux.org, with your desired username, if you want to get access. Sorry for the inconvenience.

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#11 2023-10-29 11:40:07

Ashark

I tried to register an account, and the only option is to use "login with github". In the irc room I was told that this is a non working option (and should be removed asap), and the correct way to register is to send email to the address on the banner. I have received the reply that my username was registered, and I should use "Forgot password". But when I use that, on the next step it asks for One-time code, which I do not have.

Where did you get that key from? I mean, I was not sent any secret key to configure authenticator.

#12 2023-10-31 11:26:59

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

I may have used https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Initia … erate_keys to generate a key, but don't remember how that key was shared with archlinux.org .

#13 2023-10-31 11:41:11

Ashark

When in accounts.archlinux.org I try the option "Sign in with Github", it then says "Authenticate to link your account with github" and asks one-time code. So, it obviously tries "linking" the github account with already existing arch linux account.
It is definetely something wrong on the Arch infrastructure side. Why it asks for One-time code when you try to use "Forgot password"?

I am a motivated Arch Linux user, but I guess that lots of potential contributors (bug reporters/coders) are lost because of these walls. We need to escalate this.

@Lone_Wolf Can you repeat the registration procedure (with fake/test account)? If not, I suggest removing the [Solved] label.

#14 2023-10-31 12:36:18

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

I haven't tried that, but there's an important  difference between your and my situation :
When I registered the web interface for registering was active and did work. 

The process has changed.

I guess that lots of potential contributors (bug reporters/coders) are lost because of these walls.
We need to escalate this.

I agree 100%, but none of the posters in this thread can do that, and it's unlikely the people who can will notice it.
Best chance get in touch with them is probably through accountsupport@archlinux.org .

Board footer