You are not logged in.

#1 2023-04-21 19:01:01

kicka

(Solved) System doesn't boot anymore in graphical mode

Hello everyone, after today updates the system doesn't boot anymore in graphical mode. It remains stuck at "Reached target Graphical Interface".
I can change the tty and log in, but still no graphical mode.

I tryed to downgrade both the kernel and the nvidia packages to the last one that was working, tryed to install the lts kernel and the nvidia-lts package... but still doesn't boot in graphical mode.

I just upgraded the system and rebooted the machine. Everything was flawless before that (at least this is what i could tell).

How can i resolve this? Who is the culprit?

I'm on KDE (but i don't think it's related to that).

Xorg log says "Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module"

I'm on my laptop right now, but if you need some configuration files just tell me and I will take it from my main computer and post with this one.

Thxs in advance, and sorry for my english...

Last edited by kicka (2023-04-21 20:26:55)

#2 2023-04-21 20:07:27

seth

Re: (Solved) System doesn't boot anymore in graphical mode

I can change the tty and log in, but still no graphical mode.

Please post your complete system journal for the boot:

sudo journalctl -b | curl -F 'file=@-' 0x0.st

Xorg log says "Failed to initialize the NVIDIA kernel module"

Well, teh nvidia kernel module doesn't load and the journal will hopefully tell us why.

#3 2023-04-21 20:26:36

kicka

Re: (Solved) System doesn't boot anymore in graphical mode

Sorry for the delay I needed to go back home to dinner, Now I'm allready here...

After i came back, i did one last try, I removed the lts-kernel and the nvidia-lts kernel and went back with the normal ones (the ones that gave me problems)... and now it starts... I don't know why... i did have tryed to reinstall them with no luck (was the first thing that i did)... So in the end to fix the problems i went from nvidia to nvidia-lts and  back to nvidia. I did several reboots and the problem seems fixed. I will mark the post as solved.

Thxs

Last edited by kicka (2023-04-21 20:27:14)

Board footer