You are not logged in.

#1 2023-04-26 04:24:52

UntoldTitan

[SOLVED] Open file manager to select a file

Ok.
So basically what I'm trying to do, is have a way, either from the command line, or using C, to open the default file manager, (in my case, cutefish-filemanager, which can be opened using `xdg-open`), and allow the user to select a file.

I know that xdg-open opens up the file manager from the terminal, but I'm wondering if there is a different command or flag or something I can use to get the file manager to select a file.
I also know that this is possible with cutefish-filemanager, because when I go to upload a file to google drive, it opens the exact window I'm trying to open.

Not sure how well this explanation helps, but in a nutshell, I'm trying to open the file manager to allow the user to pick a file, either from the terminal or in C code.

Thanks!

Last edited by UntoldTitan (2023-05-01 16:43:14)

how did we get here?

#2 2023-04-26 05:18:07

UntoldTitan

Re: [SOLVED] Open file manager to select a file

After doing a bit more digging on the internet, I came across GTK's FileChooserNative, which perfectly fits my purposes.
GTK FileChooserNative

(I don't know how to close this topic, but if i knew how, I would. Also mark this as solved, if I could)

how did we get here?

#3 2023-04-26 06:09:52

seth

Re: [SOLVED] Open file manager to select a file

Mark resolved threads by editing your initial posts subject - so others will know that there's no task left, but maybe a solution to find.
Thanks.

Board footer