You are not logged in.

#1 2023-04-26 16:57:42

MAYBL8

archinstall with existing partitons

The instructions for installing with existing partitions is not clear.
I created a partition and formatted it to ext4
I selected it for archinstall to install arch there.

I clicked install and got the following error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/archinstall" line 8, in <module>
sus .exit(run as a moduled))
File "/us/lib/puthon3. 10/site-packages/archinstall/_ _init_ . py", line 312, in run_as_a_module
script .execute ()
File *ust/lib/python3.10/site-packages/archinstall/lib/profiles-py",line 195, in execute self.spec. loader .exec_module(sys. modules [self namespace ])
File "‹frozen importlib. _bootstrap_external›", line 883, in exec_module
File "<frozen importlib. _bootstrap›", line 241, in _call_with_frames_removed
File "/us/lib/python3.10/site-packages/archinstall/examples/guided.py",line 293, in module›
config_output = ConfigurationOutput (archinstall .arguments)
File "uss/lib/python3.10/site-packages/archinstall/iib/configuration.py",line49,in init_ self._process_config(
File " /usr/lib/python3.10/site-packages/archinstall/lib/configuration.py",line75,in_process_config
self. _user _credentials[' encrypt ion _password' 1 = self. _config[key].encrypt ion_password
Attributerror: 'Nonelype' object has no attribute 'encryption_password . archinstall 2.61s user 3.47s system 1% cpu 5:27.77 total

Let me know if you need any more info.
Thanks

#2 2023-04-26 17:49:43

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: archinstall with existing partitons

Moving to guided installer subsection.

Try to do so from the get-go in the future so that the script maintainer is informed.

#3 2023-05-01 10:30:21

pellcorp

Re: archinstall with existing partitons

I don't know if you have done this or not, but upgrading the archinstall package from iso command line before is always a good idea, the iso is I think a month old now, I had more success after running `pacman -S archinstall` and then running archinstall got me past the issue you experienced

Board footer