You are not logged in.

#1 2023-04-16 15:53:13

fiatguy85

Distcc issue

I'm not sure if this is the correct sub-forum, but I noticed an issue with distcc and I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if it's a bug.  In my distcc server/volunteer, I'm seeing the error:

# (dcc_check_compiler_whitelist) CRITICAL! x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc not in /usr/lib/distcc or /usr/lib/distcc whitelist.

I ran update-distcc-symlinks and it seems that there is distcc compiler for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc, but not x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc.  The one with "pc" is what is specified in my makepkg.conf, but it's not being called with distcc for some reason.  Manually creating a symlink on the server resolves the issue, but I'm not sure if I have something mis-configured in another file, something else should be installed, or if it's a bug.  Any input is appreciated.

#2 2023-05-04 16:18:37

rjahanbakhshi

Re: Distcc issue

This seems to be a bug in official distcc package binaries. I created a bug report for it here.

Meanwhile, you can use distcc-git from aur with the patch I put in the last comment. Unfortunately, none of the packages are in working condition out of the box currently.

Board footer