You are not logged in.

#1 2023-05-20 02:27:28

felipescotti

Install a software designed to work only on Debian/apt-get

Hello guys,

I recently started to use Linux and chose Arch to use as my main OS.

I got an issue that one of my needed software officially only works on Debian distributions that support apt-get.
I have been trying to find a solution and found a software called debtap and also the possibility of installing apt-get on Arch.

The software I want to install is not available on AUR and can be downloaded as a zip file which will show the files (setup.sh, .jar,  databases, libraries...) after get extracted.
Is this means that it's not a Debian Package and it is binaries instead?

It doesn't have a .deb file than I believe I cannot use debtap to convert the software. Can I ?
I Have been reading some posts on reddit and realize that most of people don't recommend install apt-get on Arch.

Are there any tutorial easy enough for a beginner of how to get this working and maybe uploaded it on AUR or a better solution to suggest?

Thanks in advance!

#2 2023-05-20 02:41:52

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Install a software designed to work only on Debian/apt-get

What is this software?  Please post a link to it.  We can not give meaningful answers without actual data - especially when your own description presents contradictory views (it's a debian package, but not a debian package, etc).

If there is a debian package, then debtap is an option - but it should be one of the last resort options.  If there is a source tarball, then you can build it properly into an arch package.

Last edited by Trilby (2023-05-20 02:43:23)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2023-05-20 02:57:52

felipescotti

Trilby wrote:

What is this software?  Please post a link to it.  We can not give meaningful answers without actual data - especially when your own description presents contradictory views (it's a debian package, but not a debian package, etc).

If there is a debian package, then debtap is an option - but it should be one of the last resort options.  If there is a source tarball, then you can build it properly into an arch package.

The software is the Air Manager from Sim Innovations (Basically it allows me to add Aircraft instruments to use synchronized with a Flight Simulator which I have in my computer).
Here's the link:

https://siminnovations.com/wiki/index.p … stallation

Sorry about the confusion, I meant to say it's officially designed to work on Debian, but I don't know if the files extracted from the zip is considered a package or binaries or a package build (I don't see any file ".deb" inside the folder).

I didn't get to this level, I'm still new on this and I'm trying to understand these:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Arch_U … g_packages
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/PKGBUILD
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Creating_packages

Thanks!

Last edited by felipescotti (2023-05-20 03:01:12)

#4 2023-05-20 11:06:53

Lone_Wolf

Setup.sh

sudo apt-get update
apt-get install -y libfreetype6:amd64 libfreeimage3:amd64 libsdl-mixer1.2:amd64 libcurl4-openssl-dev:amd64 libusb-1.0-0:amd64 libcanberra-gtk-module:amd64 libcanberra-gtk3-module:amd64
chmod +x ./jre/bin/java
chmod +x ./Bootloader
{ echo -n "ATTRS{idVendor}==\"16d0\", ATTRS{idProduct}==\"0e8a\", MODE=\"0660\" GROUP=\"" && id -g -n | tr -d '\n' && echo -n "\""; } > /etc/udev/rules.d/42-knobster.rules
udevadm control --reload-rules

The script installs the dependencies it needs and adds an  udev-rule .  One tricky thing may be that they include their own jre version.

First step would be to match the the dependency names fed to apt-get install with corresponding archlinux packages.

example :
libfreetype6
archlinux has the freetype2 package for freetype support . The filelist of freetype2 shows usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 & usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6.19.0 .
Depending on archlinux freetype2 probably satisifies the debian libfreetype6 requirement.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf (2023-05-20 11:08:48)

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#5 2023-05-21 03:36:46

felipescotti

Lone_Wolf wrote:

Setup.sh

sudo apt-get update
apt-get install -y libfreetype6:amd64 libfreeimage3:amd64 libsdl-mixer1.2:amd64 libcurl4-openssl-dev:amd64 libusb-1.0-0:amd64 libcanberra-gtk-module:amd64 libcanberra-gtk3-module:amd64
chmod +x ./jre/bin/java
chmod +x ./Bootloader
{ echo -n "ATTRS{idVendor}==\"16d0\", ATTRS{idProduct}==\"0e8a\", MODE=\"0660\" GROUP=\"" && id -g -n | tr -d '\n' && echo -n "\""; } > /etc/udev/rules.d/42-knobster.rules

Hi, Thanks for replying

Lone_Wolf wrote:

The script installs the dependencies it needs and adds an  udev-rule .  One tricky thing may be that they include their own jre version.

How tricky? Hard or nearly impossible?

Lone_Wolf wrote:

First step would be to match the the dependency names fed to apt-get install with corresponding archlinux packages.

example :
libfreetype6
archlinux has the freetype2 package for freetype support . The filelist of freetype2 shows usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 & usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6.19.0 .
Depending on archlinux freetype2 probably satisifies the debian libfreetype6 requirement.

Are there any tutorial of how to do that? I didn't find anything.

I noticed that you used apt-get to install it. Do I need apt-get to do the job?

Many Thanks!

Last edited by felipescotti (2023-05-21 03:39:02)

#6 2023-05-21 05:38:20

felipescotti

If I'd install apt-get on arch and only use it to install the Air Manager, it's still risky to break the OS?

Thanks!

#7 2023-05-21 06:39:55

seth

How do you intend to do that?
Installing apt-get won't harm BUT: if you (or some dumb script) uses it to steamroll a bunch of debian packages over the arch system, that's gonna fuck up things epically, yes.

Where and how did you notice that?
You can look up debian packages w/ a web frontend.

Closest matches by sheer guesswork, but will probably do:
----------------------
libfreetype6 : https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/freetype2/
libfreeimage3 : https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/freeimage/
libsdl-mixer1.2 : https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/sdl2_mixer/
libcurl4-openssl-dev : https://archlinux.org/packages/core/x86 … rl-compat/
libusb-1.0-0 : https://archlinux.org/packages/core/x86_64/libusb/
libcanberra-gtk-module, libcanberra-gtk3-module : https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x8 … bcanberra/

Tricky in the sense that they want to use a local, precompiled JRE. That might not run at all, but any JRE in the repos might do as well.
Hard to tell w/o trying.

#8 2023-05-21 10:05:33

Lone_Wolf

seth wrote:
felipescotti wrote:

I downloaded the zip file for linux from the page you linked and extracted it, then copied the Setup.sh script it includes verbatim.

seth wrote:
felipescotti wrote:

Tricky in the sense that they want to use a local, precompiled JRE. That might not run at all, but any JRE in the repos might do as well.
Hard to tell w/o trying.

Trying is indeed the only option . Apart from having a precompiled jre there are several other signs that strongly indicate upstream intends to have this installed as  a user, not systemwide.

I'm inclined to advise installing this as user before trying to create  a package. Once it is clear how to get this to run in archlinux, that knowledge is invaluable for writing the PKGBUILD to install it systemwide.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf (2023-05-21 10:05:53)

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#9 2023-05-21 12:47:08

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

seth wrote:

Hard to tell w/o trying.

I tried.  The software includes a precompiled binary that in turn launches it's own bundled jre via a hardcoded relative path.  Unless this can be overridden by an environment variable then there's no way around this (an env var option would be impossible to know without any documentation of the software, and it's highly unlikely the authors did something this braindead to start with yet still had the foresight to use an environment check).

So if this software is to be used, it really can't be installed per se, it just needs it's whole tarball extract saved somewhere in the filesystem.

On the flip side, the depedencies are trivial.  I run a very minimal system, and the only library dependency of the binary not already met on my system was gtk3.  Installing our repo version of gtk3 met that requirement too.

Last edited by Trilby (2023-05-21 12:48:22)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#10 2023-05-21 21:07:16

felipescotti

seth wrote:

How do you intend to do that?
Installing apt-get won't harm BUT: if you (or some dumb script) uses it to steamroll a bunch of debian packages over the arch system, that's gonna fuck up things epically, yes.

I was having a look on this:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/apt
But I didn't try.

Hahaha! Good to know! Not a good idea if I want to have a OS minimally stable I guess.

seth wrote:

My bad, for a moment I confused the Setup.sh code previously posted by: Lone_Wolf

seth wrote:

----------------------
libcanberra-gtk-module, libcanberra-gtk3-module : https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x8 … bcanberra/

I will have a look on these.

seth wrote:

Hard to tell w/o trying.

Interesting.

#11 2023-05-21 21:31:55

felipescotti

Lone_Wolf wrote:

Trying is indeed the only option . Apart from having a precompiled jre there are several other signs that strongly indicate upstream intends to have this installed as  a user, not systemwide.

If I remember well, when I had it on windows, it also got installed for the user only.

Lone_Wolf wrote:

I'm inclined to advise installing this as user before trying to create  a package. Once it is clear how to get this to run in archlinux, that knowledge is invaluable for writing the PKGBUILD to install it systemwide.

Thanks for that!

Last edited by felipescotti (2023-05-21 21:34:46)

#12 2023-05-21 21:47:38

felipescotti

Trilby wrote:

The software includes a precompiled binary that in turn launches it's own bundled jre via a hardcoded relative path.  Unless this can be overridden by an environment variable then there's no way around this (an env var option would be impossible to know without any documentation of the software, and it's highly unlikely the authors did something this braindead to start with yet still had the foresight to use an environment check).

Am I correct understanding this as a probably 95% of no chance to get this working? sad

I also posted on Air Manager's forum to check if someone already tried or have a workaround but, I honestly doubt it.

Trilby wrote:

So if this software is to be used, it really can't be installed per se, it just needs it's whole tarball extract saved somewhere in the filesystem.

On the flip side, the depedencies are trivial.  I run a very minimal system, and the only library dependency of the binary not already met on my system was gtk3.  Installing our repo version of gtk3 met that requirement too.

That's why I liked Arch, allows me to run a minimal system, but I guess I will get Air manager only on Debian.

Thanks!

Last edited by felipescotti (2023-05-21 22:26:20)

#13 2023-05-21 21:56:06

seth

Afaiu Trilby, extracting the tarball somewhere (eg. /opt/AirManager) and running its binary worked for him (after installing gtk3)

#14 2023-05-21 22:18:20

felipescotti

seth wrote:

Afaiu Trilby, extracting the tarball somewhere (eg. /opt/AirManager) and running its binary worked for him (after installing gtk3)

When you say tarball, it means the Zip file?

I just tried to extracted to /opt and execute but no success.

(I have gtk3 installed).

#15 2023-05-21 22:22:28

felipescotti

Something related to Java I think:

"Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'AppBase': Native library (linux-x86-64/libAppBase.so) not found in resource path ([file:/opt/AirManager/AirManager.jar])"

I found this file "libAppBase.so" inside the folder AirManager/linux-x86-64, but not inside AirManager.jar

[felipe@FS-PC AirManager]$ sudo ./AirManager.sh
21-05-2023 23:38:22 INFO Bootloader: Starting...
21-05-2023 23:38:22 INFO Bootloader: Asking for application list online. Attempt 1 of 1.
21-05-2023 23:38:22 INFO Bootloader: Found application list online
21-05-2023 23:38:22 INFO Bootloader: Starting application ./jre/bin/java -Xmx512m -Xms128m -jar AirManager.jar
[felipe@FS-PC AirManager]$ Exception in Application start method
Exception in Application stop method
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:389)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:328)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper$FXHelper.main(LauncherHelper.java:767)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application start method
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:917)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$1(LauncherImpl.java:182)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'AppBase': Native library (linux-x86-64/libAppBase.so) not found in resource path ([file:/opt/AirManager/AirManager.jar])
        at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.loadLibrary(NativeLibrary.java:277)
        at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getInstance(NativeLibrary.java:403)
        at com.sun.jna.Library$Handler.<init>(Library.java:147)
        at com.sun.jna.Native.loadLibrary(Native.java:502)
        at com.sun.jna.Native.loadLibrary(Native.java:481)
        at com.siminnovations.guientity.EBHandler.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.siminnovations.guientity.EntityManager.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
        at com.siminnovations.airmanager.AirManager.start(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$8(LauncherImpl.java:863)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$7(PlatformImpl.java:326)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$5(PlatformImpl.java:295)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$6(PlatformImpl.java:294)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.gtk.GtkApplication.lambda$null$5(GtkApplication.java:139)
        ... 1 more
Exception running application com.siminnovations.airmanager.AirManager

Last edited by felipescotti (2023-05-25 00:29:42)

#16 2023-05-22 05:49:58

seth

Start by not sudo'ing that and then please post the script you're executing.
You'll likely have to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH somewhere.
Did you add the udev role and "chmod +x ./jre/bin/java ./Bootloader" ?

#17 2023-05-22 12:30:52

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

felipescotti wrote:

Am I correct understanding this as a probably 95% of no chance to get this working? sad

Quite the opposite - perhaps a 95% chance of getting it running on your system as long as you are willing to troubleshoot and jump through some very silly hoops.  Of course that percentage depends on your patience with hoop-jumping.  I don't have much.

#18 2023-05-22 23:08:33

felipescotti

seth wrote:

Start by not sudo'ing that and then please post the script you're executing.
You'll likely have to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH somewhere.
Did you add the udev role and "chmod +x ./jre/bin/java ./Bootloader" ?

I'm getting an additional error when running without sudo:

Failed to parse /home/felipe/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini: Key file does not have group “Settings”

I tried:
To extract the zip file inside of /home/user instead of /opt/AirManager , but got the same result of running without sudo from /opt.
$ chmod +x Setup.sh
$ chmod +x AirManager.sh
$ chmod +x Bootloader
$ ./Bootloader
$ sudo ./Bootloader
$ ./AirManager.sh
$ sudo ./Air Manager.sh

After read your message I copied the udev role and chmod's from Setup.sh and Pasted into the AirManager.sh (Not sure if this is what you meant).

AirManager.sh:

#!/bin/bash

cd "$(dirname "$0")"
./Bootloader

chmod +x ./jre/bin/java
chmod +x ./Bootloader

Results didn't change:

[felipe@FS-PC AirManager]$ ./AirManager.sh
22-05-2023 23:55:14 INFO Bootloader: Starting...

(Bootloader:3489): Gtk-WARNING **: 23:55:14.009: Failed to parse /home/felipe/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini: Key file does not have group “Settings”
22-05-2023 23:55:14 INFO Bootloader: Asking for application list online. Attempt 1 of 1.
22-05-2023 23:55:14 INFO Bootloader: Found application list online
22-05-2023 23:55:14 INFO Bootloader: Starting application ./jre/bin/java -Xmx512m -Xms128m -jar AirManager.jar
./AirManager.sh: line 8: /etc/udev/rules.d/42-knobster.rules: Permission denied
Failed to send reload request: Permission denied
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplicationWithArgs(LauncherImpl.java:389)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication(LauncherImpl.java:328)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:917)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$1(LauncherImpl.java:182)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'AppBase': Native library (linux-x86-64/libAppBase.so) not found in resource path ([file:/opt/AirManager/AirManager.jar])
        at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$8(LauncherImpl.java:863)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$7(PlatformImpl.java:326)
        at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$6(PlatformImpl.java:294)
        at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
        ... 1 more

I'm guessing here but, I believe that the Permission denied errors could/should be solved by adding my user to some group other than Wheel, because it doesn't happen when running it as root, I have to find out which groups.

I'm searching for how to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH now.

Last edited by felipescotti (2023-05-25 00:28:59)

#19 2023-05-22 23:26:29

felipescotti

Trilby wrote:
felipescotti wrote:

Quite the opposite - perhaps a 95% chance of getting it running on your system as long as you are willing to troubleshoot and jump through some very silly hoops.  Of course that percentage depends on your patience with hoop-jumping.  I don't have much.

That's good news, not sure if I will get it there but I'll keep trying. : )

#20 2023-05-23 06:32:31

seth

Please use [code][/code] tags, not "quote" tags. Edit your post in this regard.

Failed to parse /home/felipe/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini: Key file does not have group “Settings”

So your users gtk3 config is broken, that's completely unrelated and you want to address that regardless of this specific software.

I copied the udev role and chmod's from Setup.sh and Pasted into the AirManager.sh (Not sure if this is what you meant).

NO!
You need to add the udev rule *once* and reload the udev rules afterwards *once*
Same for the chmods.
And you need to do that before attempting to run the script (or anything inside).

https://man.archlinux.org/man/core/man- … BRARY_PATH

…
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/where # libAppBase.so is in that directory
./Bootloader
…

#21 2023-05-25 03:18:22

felipescotti

seth wrote:

Please use [code][/code] tags, not "quote" tags. Edit your post in this regard.

Sorry, I edited the post, I hope I've done correctly.
For codes, terminal results and links only, right?

seth wrote:

So your users gtk3 config is broken, that's completely unrelated and you want to address that regardless of this specific software.

I did backup and deleted the file "settings.ini" from the folder ".config/gtk-3.0/"
reinstalled gtk3
I didn't get the error related to the gtk when ./Bootloader anymore.

seth wrote:

I copied the udev role and chmod's from Setup.sh and Pasted into the AirManager.sh (Not sure if this is what you meant).

NO!
You need to add the udev rule *once* and reload the udev rules afterwards *once*
Same for the chmods.
And you need to do that before attempting to run the script (or anything inside).

I deleted the Air Manager folder from opt and started from zero extracting the zip file again.
I'm trying 2 different folders, extracting it in /opt and /home/user (doing the same process on both, just in case it doesn't work due to need of sudo in /opt, but not sure if I should).
I edited the "Setup.sh" file:

#sudo apt-get update
#apt-get install -y libfreetype6:amd64 libfreeimage3:amd64 libsdl-mixer1.2:amd64 libcurl4-openssl-dev:amd64 libusb-1.0-0:amd64 #libcanberra-gtk-module:amd64 libcanberra-gtk3-module:amd64
chmod +x ./jre/bin/java
chmod +x ./Bootloader
seth wrote:

https://man.archlinux.org/man/core/man- … BRARY_PATH

…
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/where # libAppBase.so is in that directory
./Bootloader
…

After editing the file I:

[felipe@FS-PC AirManager]$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/felipe/AirManager/linux-x86-64
[felipe@FS-PC AirManager]$ chmod +x Setup.sh
[felipe@FS-PC AirManager]$ sudo ./Setup.sh
[sudo] password for felipe: 
[felipe@FS-PC AirManager]$ ./Bootloader
25-05-2023 03:38:53 INFO Bootloader: Starting...
25-05-2023 03:38:53 INFO Bootloader: Asking for application list online. Attempt 1 of 1.
25-05-2023 03:38:54 INFO Bootloader: Found application list online
25-05-2023 03:38:54 INFO Bootloader: Starting application ./jre/bin/java -Xmx512m -Xms128m -jar AirManager.jar
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'AppBase': Native library (linux-x86-64/libAppBase.so) not found in resource path ([file:/home/felipe/AirManager/AirManager.jar])
        ... 1 more

And got the same error related to Java.

Last edited by felipescotti (2023-05-25 03:37:27)

#22 2023-05-25 07:04:06

seth

Unable to load library 'AppBase': Native library (linux-x86-64/libAppBase.so)

Try

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/felipe/AirManager

#23 2023-05-26 00:50:28

felipescotti

seth wrote:

Unable to load library 'AppBase': Native library (linux-x86-64/libAppBase.so)

Try

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/felipe/AirManager

Same results:

[felipe@FS-PC AirManager]$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/felipe/AirManager
[felipe@FS-PC AirManager]$ chmod +x Setup.sh
[felipe@FS-PC AirManager]$ sudo ./Setup.sh
[sudo] password for felipe:
[felipe@FS-PC AirManager]$ ./Bootloader
26-05-2023 01:36:56 INFO Bootloader: Starting...
26-05-2023 01:36:56 INFO Bootloader: Asking for application list online. Attempt 1 of 1.
26-05-2023 01:36:56 INFO Bootloader: Found application list online
26-05-2023 01:36:56 INFO Bootloader: Starting application ./jre/bin/java -Xmx512m -Xms128m -jar AirManager.jar
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library 'AppBase': Native library (linux-x86-64/libAppBase.so) not found in resource path ([file:/home/felipe/AirManager/AirManager.jar])
        ... 1 more

Last edited by felipescotti (2023-05-26 02:12:41)

#24 2023-05-26 02:34:47

felipescotti

seth wrote:

----------------------

I missunderstood after read that verbatin was included on the script and thought I should ignore the libs, but as Trilby said: "the depedencies are trivial".

I got the program running after:

$ sudo pacman -S freeimage 

All the others from you list was already installed.

Testing it now.

Last edited by felipescotti (2023-05-26 02:36:16)

#25 2023-06-03 00:44:03

felipescotti

I have been trying it, most instruments, knobster and even the arduino are working.
But, apparently one instrument is having the fonts bigger than it should be, not showing properly.
Not sure if is related but, I'm getting warning messages when I run "./Bootloader", and it's generating a "hs_err_pidXXX.log" file inside the Air Manager folder.
Any idea what it could be?
Thanks!

[felipe@FS-PC AirManager3x]$ ./Bootloader
03-06-2023 01:22:25 INFO Bootloader: Starting...
03-06-2023 01:22:25 INFO Bootloader: Asking for application list online. Attempt 1 of 1.
03-06-2023 01:22:25 INFO Bootloader: Found application list online
03-06-2023 01:22:25 INFO Bootloader: Starting application ./jre/bin/java -Xmx512m -Xms128m -jar AirManager.jar
[felipe@FS-PC AirManager3x]$ Jun 03, 2023 1:22:26 AM com.sun.javafx.binding.SelectBinding$SelectBindingHelper getObservableValue
WARNING: Exception while evaluating select-binding [editable]
Jun 03, 2023 1:22:26 AM com.sun.javafx.binding.SelectBinding$SelectBindingHelper getObservableValue
Jun 03, 2023 1:22:26 AM com.sun.javafx.binding.SelectBinding$SelectBindingHelper getObservableValue
WARNING: Exception while evaluating select-binding [running]
Jun 03, 2023 1:22:27 AM com.sun.javafx.binding.SelectBinding$SelectBindingHelper getObservableValue
WARNING: Exception while evaluating select-binding [content, dirty]
Jun 03, 2023 1:22:27 AM com.sun.javafx.binding.SelectBinding$SelectBindingHelper getObservableValue
WARNING: Exception while evaluating select-binding [debugBreakpoint]

Log:

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007fe43449ef42, pid=2445, tid=0x00007fe3f82ff6c0
#
# JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment (8.0_191) (build 1.8.0_191-ojdkbuild-12)
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (25.191-b12 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libc.so.6+0x88f42]
#
# Core dump written. Default location: /data/Data(990Pro)/X-Plane 11/AirManager3x/core or core.2445
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

Last edited by felipescotti (2023-06-06 00:51:31)

Board footer