Cotton

[request] Webgui - Content Management System

Could someone package this up please:

http://www.plainblack.com/webgui

#2 2006-08-18 07:59:35

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: [request] Webgui - Content Management System

I'm having a look at it, Cotton. There's a project I'm considering that it may be useful for, so thanks for the link.

There are 51 perl modules listed as prereqs, 27 of which are available in a repo or the AUR. I'm building the rest with cpan4pacman (if I had to do them manually, I wouldn't - thanks, Firmicus smile )

When I have everything ready, I'll do a test install here, and as long as everything is OK, I'll upload to the AUR.

#3 2006-08-18 22:50:53

tomk
Forum Fellow

Test is good - I have it up and running internally. The final count of installed packages is 92, but that includes apache, mysql, and imagemagick, which brought in 20 deps. 65 of those are perl packages, 41 of which are not in the repos.

Still to do - add/amend dependencies for a lot of the packages, and create an init script.

#4 2006-08-19 05:27:03

pbw

Good stuff Tomk smile

What's your guys' opinion of this software.. How's it hold up to other similar cms?.. I've been looking for a powerful cms setup for a ring of related sites, from the looks of their website this might be what i'm needing.

#5 2006-08-21 11:23:57

tomk
Forum Fellow

WebGUI and all its deps are now in the AUR. Please don't hesitate to post your feedback either here, or in AUR comments.

If you don't feel like downloading and building such a large number of perl dependencies, I would recommend the perl-cpanplus-pacman package which provides cpan4pacman. It's in the AUR, or you can get it from Firmicus' repo. It's not perfect yet, but it eased the workload a lot for me. If you do this, make sure you build and install perl-convert-asn1 before building perl-ldap, and build perl-libapreq2, mod-perl, perl-datetime-timezone, and perl-datetime-format-mail manually i.e. using the AUR PKGBUILDs and makepkg instead of cpan4pacman.

pbw - I'm only getting started with this kind of stuff, so I can't give you any opinions yet. Soon, hopefully. smile

One more thing - a word of thanks to mOlOk and Pierluigi for aurup. It was an absolute pleasure to be able to put 40 package names into a for loop, and see them appear in the AUR, all from CLI. An excellent script. big_smile

#6 2006-08-21 23:44:16

Cotton

tomk,

Not had a chance to test this yet and only just starting out like yourself, but many thanks for your hard work.

#7 2006-08-23 11:41:09

tomk
Forum Fellow

I have encountered, and fortunately solved, a problem with the perl-dbi package in [extra], one of WebGUI's indirect dependencies. The current package is 6 months old, and although the version (1.50) is OK according to the WebGUI site, it does not work with WebGUI in an up-to-date Arch environment - I'm not sure why, but I'm guessing it's because it includes some C components as well as perl, and therefore needs a rebuild against current versions of other apps.

As I was doing that, I also upgraded it to the latest version 1.52, and everything is now fine. To rebuild it, take the PKGBUILD from CVS, change pkgver to 1.52, and update (or remove) the md5sum. I've flagged it out-of-date, so the official package should be back on track soon.

#8 2006-11-23 03:32:45

maveric7911

This package needs a major overhaul if you have time.

#9 2006-11-23 10:02:29

tomk
Forum Fellow

I'm sure somebody has time. smile

I'm not maintaining it any more, as you may have noticed.

webgui and all dependencies not already maintained by someone else have been available for adoption since early October.

Board footer