You are not logged in.

#1 2023-06-06 02:19:49

Linux-Is-Best

Systemd-boot change kernel boot order

I installed both the standard Linux kernel and header, along with the zen kernel. I would like the zen kernel to be the default (1st choice), but Arch made the standard kernel the 1st boot option. How would I go about changing this? I have found nothing in the Wiki detailing this.

Last edited by Linux-Is-Best (2023-06-06 02:20:12)

* Please be as detail as possible in your replies. As if you were speaking with a child.
* It is hard for me to understand sarcasm on the internet. Please try to avoid it.
* I rarely check PMs (personal messages).  If you want my attention please quote me.
* Please remember that experiences differ and opinions are not facts. - Thank you.

#2 2023-06-06 21:12:34

Linux-Is-Best

Re: Systemd-boot change kernel boot order

Solution:  Uninstall the other kernel.

It seems no one knows a working solution.

* Please be as detail as possible in your replies. As if you were speaking with a child.
* It is hard for me to understand sarcasm on the internet. Please try to avoid it.
* I rarely check PMs (personal messages).  If you want my attention please quote me.
* Please remember that experiences differ and opinions are not facts. - Thank you.

#3 2023-06-06 21:20:15

V1del
Forum Moderator

You can just make an entry default, if you're hard set on changing the order I'm also not sure what to do about that, I'd assume entry names will be sorted alphabetically

#4 2023-06-07 19:32:39

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Use the default option in loader.conf. Or use the arrow keys to select the desired default at the menu, it will be remembered thereafter.

It's in the wiki: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/system … figuration

Board footer