You are not logged in.

#1 2023-07-09 10:26:18

coogy6512

[SOLVED] initramfs-linux.im file not found despite being in the /boot

A few days ago I updated my packages including the Linux package but I haven't had an issue til today. I just booted up my laptop this morning and I received the error '/boot/initramfs-linux.img file not found'. I booted into the drive using a USB and ran 'mkinitcpio -p linux' to create the file. I also tried running 'pacman -S linux linux-firmware' but still seeing the same error.

Both the initramfs-linux.img and the fallback file can be seen under the /boot directory along with the vmlinuz-linux file so I don't exactly know why the boot loader can't find it. I can't boot into the fallback through the menu either as it presents the same error.

Using EFI boot loader and my Linux version is 6.4.2.arch1-1 if that helps. Not too knowledgeable on the ins and outs of the boot process so any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by coogy6512 (2023-07-10 19:45:56)

#2 2023-07-09 13:31:40

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: [SOLVED] initramfs-linux.im file not found despite being in the /boot

If your using ESP loading was your ESP actually mounted to /boot when doing all of these regenerations? How does your fstab look like? If this is from the view of the ESP then your bootloader entry would need to look for /initramfs-linux.img and not /boot/initramfs-linux.img

Can you post from a chroot

cat /etc/fstab
efibootmgr -uv
mount
ls -l /boot

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/List_o … n_services

#3 2023-07-10 19:42:29

coogy6512

Re: [SOLVED] initramfs-linux.im file not found despite being in the /boot

Hi. Thank you for pointing out the boot partition not being mounted to /mnt/boot. Its been a while since I've partitioned my drive and it shows. Everything is working now I'm marking this as solved. Thanks a million for your help.

Board footer