You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-28 19:31:26

slackhack

xfce4-svn - new install questions

a couple of minor issues: when i first had -svn installed, the firefox icon when minimized (using minimize to desktop) was that cool looking one with the firefox wrapped around the globe. now it's just the plain globe and i can't figure out where it's reading it from. the only instance of the globe icon i could find was in /usr/share/pixmaps, so i moved that and added the standard firefox one and also the new one as firefox.png, but no matter what i change it to it keeps displaying the old one. :?: i can't believe i even care, it's just one of those things that is bugging the h3ll out of me. tongue

also, another icon question: how come the icon themes don't work, and how do i install new themes? i unpacked an icon theme, moved it into /usr/share/icons, and it shows up in the icon themes settings. but when i chose it (or almost any other one), the icons don't change. only like the printer icon in the settings panel itself changes, maybe the file manager, and next to where it says "Xfce Settings Manager" in the panel heading sometimes changes from the gnome wrenches to a single wrench, and that's it. seems like the default themes should at least work, right?

#2 2006-11-28 20:55:03

stonecrest

Re: xfce4-svn - new install questions

slackhack wrote:

a couple of minor issues: when i first had -svn installed, the firefox icon when minimized (using minimize to desktop) was that cool looking one with the firefox wrapped around the globe. now it's just the plain globe and i can't figure out where it's reading it from. the only instance of the globe icon i could find was in /usr/share/pixmaps, so i moved that and added the standard firefox one and also the new one as firefox.png, but no matter what i change it to it keeps displaying the old one. :?: i can't believe i even care, it's just one of those things that is bugging the h3ll out of me. tongue

That has nothing to do with xfce, the new Firefox (Bon Echo) package cannot include the standard icon for licensing issues. Search the forum, it's been mentioned many times.

slackhack wrote:

also, another icon question: how come the icon themes don't work, and how do i install new themes? i unpacked an icon theme, moved it into /usr/share/icons, and it shows up in the icon themes settings. but when i chose it (or almost any other one), the icons don't change. only like the printer icon in the settings panel itself changes, maybe the file manager, and next to where it says "Xfce Settings Manager" in the panel heading sometimes changes from the gnome wrenches to a single wrench, and that's it. seems like the default themes should at least work, right?

If you have a ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file, rename it to ~/.gtkrc-2.0.bak. It can override xfce's settings. And typically you want to install icons to ~/.icons and themes to ~/.themes.

I am a gated community.

#3 2006-11-28 21:51:57

noriko
Website

i assuem that icon is that of the fx pkg, if so u can change it in

/opt/mozilla/lib/firefox/chrome/icons/default

or substitute 'firefox' for firefox*2* whatever is in the lib/ , there should be a symlink with teh name firefox though...
i don't know of another way to change it apart from replacing the default image in there...

i don't think it has to be png, it werks with xpm's too .. simply symlinked a .xpm to default.png  and it werks perfektly here x)

The.Revolution.Is.Coming - - To fight, To hunger, To Resist!

#4 2006-11-28 23:15:35

slackhack

thanks, i'll try it. the arch tango icons work -- i didn't even know there was an arch package for those, but it turns out there's one in community. the ones in ~/.icons or /usr/share/icons still don't work (except gnome).

Board footer