You are not logged in.

#1 2023-09-30 04:40:24

rofocalus

[Solved] GRUB not booting

Hey everyone. I decided to install arch today to dual boot with Windows. I have followed the installation guide to a T, I’m not sure where I went wrong but I’m about 5 hours into this with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Basically my issue is that I cannot boot into GRUB at all. If I remove my installation media and reboot, I’m sent directly to the BIOS screen. If I hit the boot select button, it shows no bootable media. I created a partition on the /dev/sda that I installed arch on, my fstab looks good, I made sure that /dev/sda1 is 300mb with EF00, EFI system partition. I’ve been ramming my head against this for hours and I can’t seem to make any headway. I made sure secure boot is off in my BIOS, I’m fairly certain my system uses UEFI. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks in advance

Last edited by rofocalus (2023-09-30 05:17:24)

#2 2023-09-30 05:17:06

rofocalus

Re: [Solved] GRUB not booting

Finally figured out what it was... of all things it's my dipshit of a motherboard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/com … vme_drive/

TLDR: had to change folder path from /boot/EFI/Grub/grubx64.efi -> /boot/EFI/Boot/bootx64.efi

Infuriating, but hopefully someone else down the line can find this and get it working.

Motherboard is MSI Z690-A.

Board footer