You are not logged in.

#1 2023-07-26 14:20:25

Perkel

LUKS ext4 mounts as read-only after suspend

Hey there!

I've got on my brand-new Lenovo LOQ laptop an Arch installation with systemd-boot (as GRUB got me a few headaches in the last year) and LUKS-encrypted ext4 root partition. However, there seems to be a problem with suspending - laptop puts itself into deep sleep just fine, and it even wakes up fine - but the lock screen (KDE Plasma with sddm) looks weird (square profile pic instead of a round one, missing border... small things), and I cannot log in - everytime I get the "invalid password" prompt. Sadly, journalctl has no logs past the laptop's suspending.

I've tried to manually run systemctl suspend from tty, and upon awakening it, a bunch of disk-related errors are shown. Sadly I have to rewrite them from a picture I took, so I hope I won't miss anything:

nvme nvme0: identifiers changed for nsid 1
EXT4-fs error (device dm-0): __ext4_find_entry:1678: inode #5939732: comm tlp: reading directory iblock 0
~ Bunch of "Buffer I/O error on device dm-0, logical block..." lines ~
Aborting journal on device dm-0-8.
Buffer I/O error on dev dm-0, logical block ..., lost sync page write
JBD2: I/O error when updating journalctl superblock for dm-0-8
EXT4-fs error (device dm-0): ext4_journal_chech_start:83: comm systemd-journal: Detected aborted journal
Buffer I/O error on dev dm-0, logical block 0, lost sync page write
EXT4-fs (dm-0): I/O error while writing superblock
EXT4-fs (dm-0): Remounting filesystem read-only

Any ideas what I've misconfigured?

Last edited by Perkel (2023-07-26 14:20:52)

#2 2023-08-19 19:15:48

Strike0

Re: LUKS ext4 mounts as read-only after suspend

It may be your platform advertises a hibernation (suspend to disk) feature. The default systemd sleep.conf allows for cases like suspend-then-hibernate. An encrypted system must be setup for hibernation to work (see wiki). I'd start to troubleshoot by disabling hibernation in /etc/systemd/system/sleep.conf.

#3 2023-11-25 13:38:34

mglund

Re: LUKS ext4 mounts as read-only after suspend

Just registered an account to say that I have the same issue on the same Lenovo LOQ model laptop, but on a fresh ubuntu 22.04 install that is not using LUKS. Tried running fsck.ext4, no change. Every time the computer suspends this error will occur and a hard-reboot is required to restore access to the file system. Also I'm using grub, so whatever issue it is, it seems likely to have the same cause for both of us and therefore has to be something common between our two setups.

Last edited by mglund (2023-11-25 13:39:37)

Board footer