You are not logged in.

#1 2023-12-20 20:31:57

Hero478

Bluetooth audio stops working after plugging/unplugging any device

Hello guys,
I write this here because I recently switched to Arch and I plan to stay, but I encountered this specific issue on other distros as well, such as Ubuntu (any version from 20.04, but just because I haven't tried the previous ones) and Garuda Linux.
Basically, whenever I plug/unplug the charger or any kind of USB drive, the audio of the bluetooth device I'm using doesn't work. This happens also if the system notifies me about the low battery percentage (so maybe it could be a reaction to any notification sound, but I'm not sure).
As I said earlier, this happened to me in other distros and, just to be sure, I tried with other bluetooth devices. The only thing they have in common is that they're all earphones/headphones.
The only way I found to fix this is disconnecting and reconnecting the device, so it wouldn't be that big problem. But I had an hardware issue with my charger connector, and every now and then the cable disconnected, with the result of the notification sound. So it became a bit annoying trying to find the right position for the charger to work, disconnecting the headphones and reconnecting them back.

Hope you will find a solution, and if I made any mistake in my description or I forgot to write something, just let me know!

#2 2023-12-20 21:08:16

ponyrider

Re: Bluetooth audio stops working after plugging/unplugging any device

usb dongles disconnect erratically. if you are using a dongle, the only solution is to upgrade your hardware with a bluetooth wifi pcie card. i bought my for $30

However, in other news, bluez was coredumping in 5.71-2. https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/ … -/issues/3

5.71-3 seems to fix this problem, and was released an hour ago

#3 2023-12-21 20:31:58

Hero478

Re: Bluetooth audio stops working after plugging/unplugging any device

I don't use any dongle. I have a laptop that came with its built-in network card.

Anyway, I discovered that bluez wasn't even installed on my system, but I did it immediately. However, if i run bluetoothctl --version it just gives me 5.71, so I don't know if I installed the newer one.

Board footer