You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-12 07:40:54

murkus

kde & japanese fonts

The fonts issue has been talked to death but it seems to surface from time to time.

I've read the forum but I couldn't locate anything helpful for my specific problem that would work. Or then I just do something wrong.

Anyway, the thing is that if I go to a webpage (using konqueror) that has japanese characters (kanji/ katakana/ hiragana) I get boxes. If I do the same using firefox or opera I get the correct characters.

What are the settings for kde to display characters correctly?

.murkus

#2 2006-12-12 13:41:00

lumiwa

Re: kde & japanese fonts

murkus wrote:

The fonts issue has been talked to death but it seems to surface from time to time.

I've read the forum but I couldn't locate anything helpful for my specific problem that would work. Or then I just do something wrong.

Anyway, the thing is that if I go to a webpage (using konqueror) that has japanese characters (kanji/ katakana/ hiragana) I get boxes. If I do the same using firefox or opera I get the correct characters.

What are the settings for kde to display characters correctly?

.murkus

I have same problem with the Japanese caracter all the time with Konqueror. Firefox shows correct but I prefer Konqueror.

#3 2006-12-12 14:25:43

murkus

Re: kde & japanese fonts

After trying a lot of things I managed to get the fonts working in Konqueror. I downloaded extra set of glyphs, CyberCJK, from netscape and installed via KDE's control center.

After restarting konqueror the fonts work! big_smile

.murkus

Board footer