You are not logged in.

#1 2024-01-29 06:59:23

archuser38013

How to contribute my (modest) python coding skills?

I am no master but I have around 6 years python experience which I did for my own business. I am no longer working at the moment and was thinking how I could keep my hand in with the coding which I really enjoy and also would like to learn more as I feel I only scratched the surface and learned the bare essentials to complete specific tasks which the work dictated. I also am passionate about open source and have loved arch since starting using it exclusively, along with my coding journey, in 2016.

I know I could probably maintain packages but having read some of the comments of people getting angry at maintainers for things like flagging outdated I feel that may be a little pressured.

Open to suggestions.

#2 2024-01-29 12:46:29

dogknowsnx

Re: How to contribute my (modest) python coding skills?

Well, you could share software you've created and think may be useful to others by creating an AUR package or posting your script in the community contributions subforum. Or have a look upstream at bug reports for your favorite (python) apps and see whether you could help out by contributing fixes etc.

RI - Rest your Eyes and Self

"We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Maynard James Keenan

#3 2024-01-29 17:21:07

dmerej
Website

Re: How to contribute my (modest) python coding skills?

I maintain a few tools written in Python - you can find them at https://github.com/your-tools/

Some of them have bugs to fix, features to implement or pull requests to review - any contribution is welcome smile

Responsible Coder, Python Fan, Rust enthusiast

Board footer