You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-16 19:17:54

R4vyn

[SOLVED] Issues with Spyder IDE starting

Not sure exactly where to post and ask this question, but perhaps the mobile setup I am having this issue with might be the case...

I recently was playing around with the preferences in Spyder and I am thinking I made the wrong adjustment to how the program displays. I'm on a laptop with a Ryzen 9, which I understand has a graphics core. But according to 'lspci' my discrete GPU is an RTX 3070. Unfortunately, I didn't log my changes or backup the config file, like I should have in retrospect.

So when I open Anaconda, select Spyder, I see the Spyder splash and then an error pops up. But this is the error I get:

"MESA-LOADER: failed to open radeonsi: /home/dizzy/anaconda3/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zmq/backend/cython/../../../../.././libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
failed to load driver: radeonsi
MESA-LOADER: failed to open radeonsi: /home/dizzy/anaconda3/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zmq/backend/cython/../../../../.././libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/dri/radeonsi_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
failed to load driver: radeonsi
MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: /home/dizzy/anaconda3/lib/python3.11/site-packages/zmq/backend/cython/../../../../.././libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.30' not found (required by /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so) (search paths /usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)
failed to load driver: swrast"

I've tried to update GLIB and any Mesa library hoping the dependency would pop up in the package. But to no avail. What dependencies can I address or what official packages would supplement the radeonsi and swrast drivers it says I am missing?

I have already tried reinstalling it into Anaconda, hoping that would default my configuration, undoing any changes I had mistakenly made to the preferences, but Anaconda saved all of my changes for the reinstall, I assume. I'm not sure where Anaconda keeps its saved configuration file, or I would try to reset them to the defaults.

*From what I have gathered so far, from stackoverflow and a few other quick searches, it has something to do with a symbolic link to the libstdc++.so.6 in the /usr/lib directory in root, with the anaconda3/lib directory in Home directory.*

Any ideas, let me know. I appreciate it.

Last edited by R4vyn (2024-02-16 21:41:39)

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."                                                                                                                       ~Bruce Lee

MOBO: (Asrock Taichi x670e) CPU: (Ryzen 9 7900X3D) RAM: (TCreate DDR5 PC5-48000) GPU: (XFX RX-7700XTX)

#2 2024-02-16 20:58:40

R4vyn

Re: [SOLVED] Issues with Spyder IDE starting

Actually it was an anaconda issue, not the laptop. I was able to install dependencies via conda instead. Solved by inputting:

$ conda install -c conda-forge libstdcxx-ng

...which I think addressed the driver issue.

Last edited by R4vyn (2024-02-16 21:39:30)

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer."                                                                                                                       ~Bruce Lee

MOBO: (Asrock Taichi x670e) CPU: (Ryzen 9 7900X3D) RAM: (TCreate DDR5 PC5-48000) GPU: (XFX RX-7700XTX)

Board footer