You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-14 21:17:46

jellywerker

world of warcraft install problems

I've got wine and everything else running just fine, but when I go to copy  the "Installer Tome #.mpq" files onto my hard drive, I see two on each cd and they are only 50.3kb. They should be several hundred mb and there should only be one I think. They are also recognized as truetype fonts.

I tried installing directly from the cd's ("wine Installer.exe") which worked but gave an error saying it could not find the game data.

I bought these cd's and have installed a couple of times with them on windows, so they should be fine, so I don't know what's up. Perhaps since they are recognized as truetype fonts, maybe the fonts have a size limit of 50.3kb so it refuses to acknowledge more data?

#2 2006-11-14 21:36:32

harlekin

Re: world of warcraft install problems

Maybe it works if you follow this guide?

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=5606

I got this error as well as I installed WoW on linux. But this is more than one year ago and from then to now I forgot how to solve this problem and even quit playing WoW.

Well... long story short: You're able to install it on linux. Don't worry. I just don't know how to solve your problem but I think the guide on winehq.com is better than good (didn't read it acutually).

Hail to the thief!

#3 2006-11-14 21:44:21

jellywerker

Hmm, I can't seem to find anything there that helps, I tried overriding the rich dll's.

#4 2006-12-16 00:13:03

karsten

i got it working but it looks like crap.  textures are all wrong and misplaced with semitransparent mountains and stuff.   any ideas how to fix it?

Board footer