You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-08 03:20:09

muddy

[SOLVED] mkinicpio and madam cannot be upgraded

Need some advice, stuck in a loop.
Doing my normal weekly upgrade and it bombed out, found out my root dir was full, cleaned it up and tried to resume the upgrade and now it's borked because the new mkinitcpio changes.

$ sudo pacman -S mkinitcpio lvm2 mdadm
resolving dependencies...
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/local/firefox-123.0.1-1/desc: No such file or directory
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (3) lvm2-2.03.23-3  mdadm-4.3-2  mkinitcpio-38-4

Total Installed Size:   7.04 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      -0.17 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(3/3) checking keys in keyring                                                                                     [####################################################################] 100%
(3/3) checking package integrity                                                                                   [####################################################################] 100%
(3/3) loading package files                                                                                        [####################################################################] 100%
(3/3) checking for file conflicts                                                                                  [####################################################################] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
mkinitcpio: /usr/lib/initcpio/hooks/encrypt exists in filesystem
mkinitcpio: /usr/lib/initcpio/hooks/udev exists in filesystem
mkinitcpio: /usr/lib/initcpio/install/encrypt exists in filesystem
mkinitcpio: /usr/lib/initcpio/install/sd-encrypt exists in filesystem
mkinitcpio: /usr/lib/initcpio/install/systemd exists in filesystem
mkinitcpio: /usr/lib/initcpio/install/udev exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I can run mkinitcpio -P ok, builds the images and my raid volumes look ok, I have not rebooted for fear I may not be able to.
Any suggestions if removing mkinitcpio by force would allow the rest to upgrade then re-installing it would work?

Thanks!

Actually just solved it by moving  /usr/lib/initcpio/hooks/xxx to /usr/lib/initcpio/hooks/xxx.pacsave
In case someone else has the same issue and finds this.

#2 2024-03-08 04:25:38

Scimmia
Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] mkinicpio and madam cannot be upgraded

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Pacman … )%22_error

And you need to reinstall *all* packages that were part of the update. You have more problems than mkinitcpio.

Board footer