You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-16 22:03:40

ewaller
Administrator

[SOLVED] Plasma 6 Wayland Popup Menus Overly Sensitive

I am currently using Plasma 6 on Intel Xe graphics.  Running in Wayland mode.

In general, I am delighted.  However, one thing is annoying.  There are windows that pop up from application launchers, panel widgets, krunner, etc...   
My issue is these windows are overly aggressive when it comes to dismissing themselves.  I use a touch pad, and if I allow the cursor to move so much as a pixel outside the window for the briefest of moments, the windows are destroyed.  Clicking on an application launcher from a floating bar causes a window to appear (as expected).  Often, that menu will be destroyed by merely moving the cursor from the taskbar icon that invoked the menu to the menu itself -- unless that operation is made quickly. 

I saw the same effect in Plasma 5 in Wayland mode, but not X11 mode.  I waited for Plasma 6 to see if there was any change.  It still seems to be a problem.

Anyone else seeing this?
Any setting I am missing?

Last edited by ewaller (2024-03-17 14:17:05)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#2 2024-03-16 22:55:50

seth

Re: [SOLVED] Plasma 6 Wayland Popup Menus Overly Sensitive

This is (for QWidget) style controlled, https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qstyle.html#StyleHint-enum (look for "sloppy") - do you use the breeze style?
Better success w/ the Qt built-in ones?

Edit: since it's display server controlled, do you use click-to-focus or one of the mouse-over / follows-mouse ones?

Last edited by seth (2024-03-16 22:57:25)

#3 2024-03-16 23:28:49

ewaller
Administrator

I do use Breeze, and I do use "Focus Follows Mouse".  Good ideas; let me go play with these.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---

#4 2024-03-17 01:02:21

ewaller
Administrator

Focus follows click certainly solves this.  Not quite what I want for a solution, but okay for now as a workaround.  Thanks Seth.

---

#5 2024-03-17 07:47:57

seth

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=464618
Confirmed 2023-01-21 22:45:20 UTC roll

According to https://docs.kde.org/stable5/en/kwin/kc … index.html there's a setting to delay the focus-following. Something like 300ms should be not too annoying but might mitigate the impact?

Please always remember to mark resolved threads by editing your initial posts subject - so others will know that there's no task left, but maybe a solution to find.
Thanks.
Edit: tongue

Last edited by seth (2024-03-17 07:48:14)

Board footer