You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-19 10:11:33

TheAirBlow

Horizontal bars on KDE is straight up broken

So after updating to KDE 6 (and having to wipe my entire configuration because it failed to migrate them properly),
I ran into an issue with my CPU core widget - I have a custom bar on the right with my CPU core, Temperature and RAM usage.
All display modes, except Horizontal Bars, work properly. It on the other hand only works with ONE sensor, and even then it doesn't draw it correctly at all.
What I get is a horizontal bar that has quite a bit of padding for NO REASON + doesn't even function like a progress bar, it's either black bar or gray bar...

Additionally, quite a bit of dark mode icons are missing (display configuration, power and battery, etc.) + for some reason the klipper applet is still the one from plasma5...
And KDE 6 is VERY SLOW, to the point that it's annoying. Alt + Tab can make the entire shell freeze for 1-4 seconds, and I was complaining about search bar being the only one which did that...

How do I fix this bullshit or downgrate to KDE 5 safely?
Am I better off with wiping my system and installing everything from scratch?

Last edited by TheAirBlow (2024-03-19 10:12:03)

#2 2024-03-19 10:15:24

TheAirBlow

Re: Horizontal bars on KDE is straight up broken

P.S. Also the plasmashell bars no longer adapt to the color of it's surroundings. Like minimizing all windows before would color-match the bars to my wallpaper (which looked absolutely amazing but now I have bland gray bars every time I log in)

#3 2024-03-20 09:32:26

TheAirBlow

Re: Horizontal bars on KDE is straight up broken

It's no longer slow after I did a fresh installation (and it's less buggy now overall)
The horizontal bars are still broken though. From what I found, it's fixed in KDE Framework 6.1.0, which wasn't released yet.

Board footer