You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-20 14:22:34

GrimBandito

Problems with i3-gaps and (Nitrogen) desktop background rendering

I have i3-gaps installed and I am busy with it's configuration. I only have gaps configured with the following:-

gaps inner 10
gaps outer 20

Nitrogen is installed to set and render the desktop background which appears to work fine until I open any app (firefox or terminal) and then I notice the wallpaper becomes distorted with a large black band spanning the full width from the top of the screen all the way down to the bottom on the app's title bar.

Closing any open apps will result in the desktop wallpaper being rendered correctly again (no black band).

From what I can tell, the height of the black band is directly related to the "gaps outer" setting. I have also tried setting the desktop background using Feh and the result is the same, a black band. Something related to the gaps is corrupting the background and I am not sure where to fix this.

Anybody familiar with i3 has any experience with this? Thanks in advance.

Graphics card i915/intel.

#2 2024-03-22 12:58:39

loglot

Re: Problems with i3-gaps and (Nitrogen) desktop background rendering

this is one of the top results in google, i was able to fix this problem with this command

for_window [class="^.*"] border pixel 0 

put this in your i3 config and reload it

this command removes the title bar from windows, it doesn't apply to windows that are already open, so you will need to re open those, it's a known incompatibility that causes this, and it's not planned to be fixed
you probably already fixed it, but this is for future reference, also i3-gaps is included in i3 now

Last edited by loglot (2024-03-22 13:36:32)

Board footer